DLC Civs Not Appearing In Worldbuilder after Patch/R&F

totalslacker

Chieftain
They haven't been working in the worldbuilder since the recent patch. I'm attempting to update a custom map mod I made to work with the new expansion. After looking at one of the updated base game maps, I changed the ruleset in the worldbuilder to RULESET_EXPANSION_1 which enabled the Rise and Fall civs and resources to appear on the map. However, all of the old DLC civs still won't show up in the worldbuilder. Reinstalling them didn't work, and I'm not using any other mods. They won't even appear when I open a default map, like the Earth map. Both DLC and expansion civs still work in-game though.

Looking at the "Expansion1_Players.xml" in the 'Config' folder for the latest expansion doesn't show entries for them in the new "Players:Expansion1_Players" domain. Create a backup of the xml file included with the expansion and try adding in Montezuma as a player to it as a test to see if that works.

EDIT: nvm, I just took a peak in the Montezuma DLC and found the entry in there. Check to see if you see:

Spoiler :
<!-- Expansion 1 Support -->
<Row Domain="Players:Expansion1_Players" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AZTEC" LeaderType="LEADER_MONTEZUMA" CivilizationName="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AZTEC_NAME" CivilizationIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_AZTEC" LeaderName="LOC_LEADER_MONTEZUMA_NAME" LeaderIcon="ICON_LEADER_MONTEZUMA" CivilizationAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_LEGEND_FIVE_SUNS_NAME" CivilizationAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_LEGEND_FIVE_SUNS_DESCRIPTION" CivilizationAbilityIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_AZTEC" LeaderAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_GIFTS_FOR_TLATOANI_NAME" LeaderAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_GIFTS_FOR_TLATOANI_DESCRIPTION" LeaderAbilityIcon="ICON_LEADER_MONTEZUMA"/>

That right there should be enough for the civ to appear in the new RULESET_EXPANSION_1 ruleset.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, I created a map for the new R&F expansion, but i have no idea how to load it up in create a new game menu. When I go select the Expansion Ruleset my custom map does not show. however it does show up when I select Standard Rules, do I have to do some kind of configuration for my custom map? THanks for any help!!!!

Thanks for the help 40sw4rm. Unfortunately it's still not working, however, you can open a civ6map file with DB Browser for SQLite to manually add DLC civs, I was able to add them to my map this way. Szabcso8, do you have a config.xml set up for your map? I can go into more details if you don't have one yet, but you only need to add these lines to the XML file to have your maps appear in both the standard game and expansion rules:

<RulesetDomainOverrides>
<Row Ruleset="RULESET_EXPANSION_1" ParameterId="Map" Domain="StandardMaps"/>
<Row Ruleset="RULESET_STANDARD" ParameterId="Map" Domain="StandardMaps"/>
</RulesetDomainOverrides>

I assume most people use the excellent "play your custom map" mod.

There is a problem loading all the civs in worldbuilder, but I found a way to work around this:

I created a new map in worldbuilder using the R&F ruleset and selected all the civs I wanted on it (which pretty much included almost all of them, spanning the original release, the DLCs, and the expansion). I then saved it, and made it my "CustomMap". Pretty straight forward, but if you want to work on your map some more in worldbuilder, do not "load" the game in worldbuilder - the DLC civs won't show up. Instead, select "New Map" in worldbuilder, picking your map as the CustomMap you have saved previously. Basically, the "load map" feature in wordbuilder is bugged.

I have this problem too, and don't think that fix it will be important for 2k.

Any suggestion to fix instead to place civs and wonders with scripts?

Hello everyone ! i have a similar issue ... i played civ 6 a couple of years ago and found the *TZ solution to be able to make a map with worldbuilder and then load and play it in single player and it was all working fine
i have installed the game again now as i have some spare time to mess around , with the Rise and fall expansion and all DLC's and so on .
i used those *old* TZ files and the same method but there is this problem with the *new* civs ...
i make a map in worldbuilder and change whatever i want in the map ( i can also choose a new civ - Mongols for example ) , i then save that map and name it TZ , exit game and copy that map from woldbuilder into single player
but when i enter game again and go to single player - create game - advanced options and choose the *TZ ruleset* , it automatically removes the civ that i have choosen ( if its a new one like mongols ) , or it won't show all the new civs on the pick list
im guessing that this TZ files that were made before all the dlcs and expansion .... are just unable to *see* the new civs?
(as u ve guessed i have absolutly 0 programming knowledge)
Does anyone have a solution for this one please !!!
all i want is to be able to make a map on worldbuilder with any civ (including *new* ones) , alter the map as i want to and then play it like a normal map in single player
Thanks in advance !
Anyone could really use your help ! as i unfortunatly dont know for how much longer i ll have free time !

Top Bottom