Do we want to build Iron Works in Halls of Mandos?

Do we want to do that?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

classical_hero

In whom I trust
Here is the Discussion. Iron Works Placement

For reference I have attached an Image of where that city is without the city being there. This shows the underlying resources.

There are only two other options, and they can be seen in the thread. The second other option is where a red dot is, but that is meant to be on the hill to the one place to the southeast.

Attachments

• Halls of Mandos.jpg
    Halls of Mandos.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 334
I vote yes. (Btw Mandos is on the iron source).

Current build time would be 28 turns. This will go up because our GA ends soonish, and it will go down because the town will grow, and because I have planned a courthouse first, that will reduce waste. It will hopefully go down more if the Director of Infrastructure (our other GA :) ) builds some rails here (already requested).

Here are some pictures of Halls of Mandos. The first image on this thread was without the city in view. First one is the city screen view, second one is what Halls of mandos is sitting on, the third one is the view of the city from the outside.

Thank you, Classica Musica. :D

We should rail the three plains to get +3 food immediately;then join 2 workers so they can work 2 mined Mountains. This would give us 23 net production right now(17-18 after corruption)

I would also postpone the Courthouse build so that we can immediately begin our Iron Works build during the Golden Age. Then rail the moutains and hill for peak production.

Depending how much time we have in our GA, we should lead with the more expensive build. Once IW is completed, the Courthouse can be built more quickly and provide much more benefit than it can currently.

All this can be done next turn, and would get us our Iron Works in far less time. I would beat down the President's door tonight. :ninja:

Railing the desert will alllow the population to be increased still further. Although our Workers and Slaves are very busy railing at the moment, our Golden age will be over soon and increasing the population of the city now would make best use of the large increase in shields we currently get.

on the courthouse: with a cashrush it can be done in three turns, or, if we don't mind wasting a turn of production, in two. Possibly even in 1 if we can disband a unit on the current turn. But probably DZ is right and we should do the Iron Works first, while the GA lasts.

There can't be many turns of the Golden Age left though. It started on turn 4 of the last term 3 chat (I think) so 6 turns then, plus the last chat went 12 turns (I think), making 18 turns gone.

On checking CivAssist, it says one turn to go of the Golden Age.

Top Bottom