• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Do you build factories?

Do you build factories?

• I build them everywhere!

Votes: 63 69.2%
  • I never build them before I can build the appropriate anti-pollution improvments

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I build them in Super Production City only.

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • I win befoore industrialzation so, what is a factory?

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

TemporalAnomaly

Timelord
I hate polution so, with the possible execption of the SPC, I wait for Enviro. and enough gold to rush a solar plant two turns after.

i want to play internet game but i am behind a router! somebody can tell me which is the port that civil uses like" smtp 25" ....

@fainr - Welcome to the forums! I think you would get better results by posting your question in the "Civ2 - Technical Support" forum or maybe the multiplayer one. Start your own thread there, so people can see your question easily.

@factories - As a conquest player, I usually don't get to industrialization. If I do have the option (in a scenario, for example) I often build them "for fun" even though they don't make much sense. I mean, they cost a lot of shields, so they take a long time to pay for themselves. I guess I don't play many very long games where they'd pay off.

thanks ! But in this site i havent found any forum like this "tech support"!
Where can i find it??

thank you

fainr - Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you should see a box on the right labelled "forum jump". Click the small triangle and you should see "tech support" listed there on the pop-down menu. Double-click on it.

You can also go to the top of the page and click on the "CIVILIZATION II" link, and it will show you all the civ2 sub-forums, like this one (Civ2 - Strategy and Tips).

When you get to the support forum, look around for a button labelled "start new thread" or something like that. It is probably towards the bottom. :)

RE: factories, I don't find them as useful now that I build a trading economy. Just about everything is only 2-2.5g per shield, and high-intensity trading brings in lots of gold in addition to beakers. Playing OCC I usually put one in (sometimes delaying Ind if I got an early KRC, though) just to get over the 25-30 shield hump.

I love to build, build, build! :hammer: In fact, I have had difficulty completing a game as pure conquest, because I enjoy building the 'Civ to stand the test of time'. Often, I am balancing all aspects of gameplay -- production, trade, economy, research, war, troop deployment/re-deployment, and wonder-building. Factories allow the quick production of units and city improvements without the necessity for rush-buying. Great for the power Democracy!

I depends what kind of game I have. If conquest, then I get that done before industrialization. But if I actually care about the space race, I'll build them.

I build a lot of them since I can't be arsed to ubermicromanage a huge trade force AND rush-buy everything.

I build em' everywhere. First thing I build in a city.

I build them (or rather buy them) once a city has production of at least 10 and there is nothing urgent to build.

I find them quite useful for building the army that will sweep the world (except for the last city on some isolated island). I rush build them in my core cities while I fight the world war. I find that Hoover Dam/mass transit keeps polution down to a reasonable level.

I usually don't build solar plants until I'm ready for manufacturing plants.

I usally have quiet a lot cities(my main strategy: expansion before the others can grow) and so I won't build every improvement in all of my cities. In most cities there are no improvement despite Aqueducts. I've plenty of them and so I am also able to build and support a large army. But I also build "super-cities" and they are perfect. They have every improvement, the terriorty around them is optimized and their population is about 20-30. These cities are the core of my empire and there I build factories. Sometimes I also build some "high-production" cities, where I also build factories, and higher improvements. But I always try to minimize pollution(so I also build envoriment improvements) because pollutions is a danger for the climate and a waste of resources(because you need more engineers to clean it and they need food and this slows down your popluation growth).

Pollution is only a problem when it gets totally out of hand. Ussually once I get industry I get Hoover Dam asap so its nto much of a problem.

Marlos said:
I love to build, build, build! :hammer: In fact, I have had difficulty completing a game as pure conquest, because I enjoy building the 'Civ to stand the test of time'. Often, I am balancing all aspects of gameplay -- production, trade, economy, research, war, troop deployment/re-deployment, and wonder-building. Factories allow the quick production of units and city improvements without the necessity for rush-buying. Great for the power Democracy!
Same here! That's why most people would beat me in Civ... but at the end of the day, it's a game and about having fun. I love the feeling of having a huge perfect empire.:)

Don't get around to building many factories before I have HD though, so pollution isn't much of a problem.

Top Bottom