Do you try to get your cities in the Top 5?

Do You Usually Try To Get Your Cities In The Top 5?

• Yes

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
I like to get 1,2,3,4 and 5 - fairly easy if you spread your wonders and go for super growth through we-love-the-PM day in Republic or Democracy. It's amusing to see your size 19-22 cities as 1-4, then the AI's size 8 as number five

I voted for yes I try to get my cities in the top five, but being honest I don't. I try to get my cities to grow as much as possible and I spread the wonders about as much as possible, so that more can be built, obviuosly the SSC gets the Colossus, the obseravatory, shakes and Seti, but the others can go anywhere.
the natural result of this is that the cities are the top five, or atleast 4 of the 5. I think actually trying to get your cities in the top five would divert you from the main point of the game although to achieve it you have to be relatively sucessful anyway.

ferenginar

No, but they end up there anyway! :D

The SSC is a cinch - large population, smiling populace, piles of wonders. My second major city is usually packed with wonders, too. One or two other cities will end up in the top 5, or I'll capture somebody else's top 5 city.

Yes and its really nice at the end of a game when I have the top five cities and the next hundred best cities too. :goodjob:

I only try to get my capital on the Top 5 list.

I build all my wonders in the capital, develop it by buying buildings, and concentrate my efforts on developing the city.

I think it looks good in the Top 5 screen, when I have number one with more wonders, than can be displayed, and the AI with one or two, in their cities...

I just make my cities the best I can (I'm a perfectionist, usually) and they just get there.

Originally posted by insurgent
I only try to get my capital on the Top 5 list.

I build all my wonders in the capital, develop it by buying buildings, and concentrate my efforts on developing the city.

I think it looks good in the Top 5 screen, when I have number one with more wonders, than can be displayed, and the AI with one or two, in their cities...

If you spread your wonders around your other cities a bit better, the AI wouldn't have any wonders at all, now the choice is yours.

I do the same as Becka, try to get my cities well developed, but i do try to spread the wonders out

I don't try, but they get there anyways. Don't think there's been one game where none of my cities have been in the Top 5.

:santa:

I played a game once where I built every woder available and eventually the AI just gave up trying to race me. Virtually every one of my 100 or so cities had at least one wonder and I was reaping incredible benefits.:lol: Then my computer crashed and I lost it.:cry: Try it. It's great fun!:lol:

Alternatively let the computer build some wonders and then later on, move ind capture all their wonders...Then you have all the wonders :p

I don´t really try to have many cities on the top 5 list but I usually have 2-5 just because AI doesn´t really know how to build wonders. At first I don´t build wonders but I usually get all Modern age wonders. Luxuries always 30% of course.

Certainly. All five positions are mine from an early age. I never give up any wonders, and spread them over 5-6 cities, with one city getting 10+.

Not at all, I don't see the point. My unique objective is to win the game and make it competitive, nothing else matters. Very often I forbid myself to construct some important wonders to make the game more challenging.

If you build at least some of the wonders then you should get a city into the top five since it is mainly based on the amount of wonders rather than population.

Not unless you count games where I quit straight away...If you don't build any wonders then you will not get any cities in the top 5 but usually most players would actually build wonders and therefore get at least one city into the top 5.

Top Bottom