DoC 1.16.8 released

I still need to find out, but I think Firaxis was just worried about exploiting the AI into protecting you and going for a peaceful victory.

Got a fresh install. The game loads up correctly, but the scenario files (3000 BC, 600 AD, 1800 AD) aren't shown anywhere. Any way to fix this? Used the installer and all modules are incorporated.

Last edited:
Hello,
I noticed that on the new version, Russia stopped spawning on the map.
Her spawning seems to be disabled. In the place where her settlers should appear, no one appears in the year they appear.
If we start playing for Russia, then first we wait for the counter of moves until the time of the appearance of Russia, and then, after pressing the button, we immediately get a defeat.
I play mod on top of a pirated Russian version of the game with the Russian language turned on. 1.16.6 and earlier played perfectly fine

Peculiar change. I was always used to the Play Scenario button? Would be interesting to know why this was changed, thanks !! :)
The way game maps are implemented was changed from scenarios to custom maps because scenarios require a constant number of player slots that are each hardcoded to a specific civilization available at game start. For performance reasons, I had to reduce the number of slots. So that all civilizations are still available from game start, scenarios were no longer feasible.

Top Bottom