DoC 1.17.0 released

Leoreth

Blue Period
I have released DoC version 1.17.0.

You can download it here:
Unlike previous versions of the mod, you no longer start a game by selecting a scenario from the Scenarios menu. Instead, select Play Now in the main menu. During the setup process you can then choose the scenario you want to play.

Follow these links for:
This thread contains information about future plans for the ongoing development of the next version 1.18.

Thanks for playing and have fun!

Last edited:
Oh boy! Great time to check out the forum.

What caused the absence of Stalin and the Greek George in the choice of leaders?

Congratulations on the update, do we have a change log for 1.16 to 1.17

My browser absolutely hates any files from sourceforge cannot do anything about it...

Shouldn't there be a new map introduced with 1.17?
I still get the old map when starting a new game
i believe the new version 1.17 is the major release for basically a rewite of the entire mod, and the new map will be implemented later down the line into a future 1.17.x version

Is it just me or the original DoC map and interface color was removed? 1.16.9/1.17.0 comparison (1.17.0 downloaded as a zip from GitHub)
Civ4BeyondSword 2023-01-24 16-49-49-824.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2023-02-26 16-22-55-009.jpg

The latter screenshot is the original one. You need to redownload the modules (Blue Marble, New HUD Color, Varietas Delectat) here.

What caused the absence of Stalin and the Greek George in the choice of leaders?
Some leaders are considered civic specific and are not available as starting leaders, Stalin among them. Likewise for "respawn" leaders like George.

Congratulations on the update, do we have a change log for 1.16 to 1.17
Yes, you can find it here.

Wonderful, I've refrained from downloading the last couple minor updates as I have a ton of small stuff added like wonders and leader heads but I guess now's the time to upgrade! Good luck with your work towards 1.18, hope you'll make swift progress!

Thanks! Now is the perfect time to update because v1.17.0 will likely remain unchanged for a long time during the development of 1.18.

Of course I will still keep up with bug reports and fix issues as they are reported, but those fixes should be either skippable or easily integrated.

Top Bottom