DoC 1.17.0 released

I would guess you did not extract the module Assets folders correctly into the base mod Assets folder.

There already is a file with all modules in them which also conveniently installs everything into the correct location. It's the installer. I am putting that out as the way to install the mod for a reason.

Going via git is and has always been an "I know what I am doing" kind of deal.
Microsoft Edge browser that I always use is a "dum dum" when it comes to any files from sourceforge, completely blocking all the files downloaded from there. I was also trying to scan the browser settings to fix this a while ago but with no success. I'll get another one just to download the 1.17.0 if there's no other option left.

Anyone encountering super Turkey in most of the games? I'm playing on Emperor and a lot of the times Turkey is stable and stretching from North Africa to Vienna. They also have a huge huge tech advantage. Most of the world is on Riflemen while they are sporting Marines.

Last edited:
Anyone encountering super Turkey in most of the games? I'm playing on Emperor and a lot of the times Turkey is stable and stretching from North Africa to Vienna. They also have a huge huge tech advantage. Most of the world is on Riflemen while they are sporting Marines.
As I know - it was 1.14 version's issue - that's right! There was too powerful Ottomans and there was no strong opponents on the Milddle East (Persia or for example Arabia)
But later (1.15 and 1.16.) Turkey had new modifiers and as a result - it would enough strong but not superpower like China/Russia/US etc

Is there any way to access the custom scenario options still, now that "play now" is the only way to start the games?

It should actually be easier now. Just use "Custom Game" instead, it should default you to the "Dawn_of_Civilization" map script with the correct settings. You can still pick the scenario as part of the map options on the left. As before, messing with the game options comes at your own risk. Especially please refrain from opening any more player slots, as that is now being managed by the civilization spawn code.

As I know - it was 1.14 version's issue - that's right! There was too powerful Ottomans and there was no strong opponents on the Milddle East (Persia or for example Arabia)
But later (1.15 and 1.16.) Turkey had new modifiers and as a result - it would enough strong but not superpower like China/Russia/US etc
and Britain

Unlike previous versions of the mod, you no longer start a game by selecting a scenario from the Scenarios menu. Instead, select Play Now in the main menu. During the setup process you can then choose the scenario you want to play.
Is there are an old "custom scenario" with all previous options (ragging barbarians, new seed on reload etc.) still available?

I hope you know what I mean :)

Attachments

• yur096554.png
    yur096554.png
    452.6 KB · Views: 41
Custom Game should give you that. Simple select the Dawn_of_Civilization "map script".

Are there any changes regarding religions disappearing in this latest version?

I am playing a game on the previous one, and I must point out at this feature, which, in all honesty and with all due respect to your fantastic work, does not make any sense, at least the way it works. That a religion that has never been "taken care of" eventually disappears when completely out of its historical area (e.g., Islam in Northern Siberia), that is more than logical. But I've been reloading and modifying my actions for dozens of turns on end to prevent taoism from constantly disappearing from some of my peripheral cities - I'm playing China - which have the two related buildings (temple and monastery) duly built. I want all my cities to have taoism, since I built the shrine thingy and it brings me coins. Playing on the toughest level btw.

Ok, so Taoism ain't my state religion, and the cities concerned are Manila (Philippines) and my two Korean cities. When I first started having this problem, I thought, "fair enough". I should be able to circumvent this by building a temple. And then a monastery. But it just keeps plaguing me.

I won't waste your time drivelling on whether or not it makes sense, since this game is about equivalents, not a reproduction of reality. But don't you think that once you spent decades, if not centuries, building a temple and a monastery, this should prevent a religion from disappearing? Its such a radical and strange thing to happen. Or have at least the related buildings switched to another religion. Having buildings simply disappear without a natural hazard (earthquake, etc.) on top of the nuisance of having to spend decades (again) building a missionary, only to see the religion disappear again, is beyond making the game more dynamic. In my opinion, its just strange and thwarts any comprehensive strategy to fight against the odds of the game.

It has been like this for a long time.

You can always adopt Taoism (Confucianism has a wider religion map so it's unlikely to disappear), which significantly reduces the odds it'll disappear from your cities and has no mechanical difference from Confucianism.

You can always adopt Taoism (Confucianism has a wider religion map so it's unlikely to disappear), which significantly reduces the odds it'll disappear from your cities and has no mechanical difference from Confucianism.
Didn't check the religion maps, that would be a solution I guess, but means one or two turns of anarchy I can't afford. And Confucianism is the Chinese state religion historically. Anyways, my comment had more to do with the fact that you can't seem to lower the chances of that event occurring.

Reducing game odds usually is a basic feature to any game.

Last edited:
It has been like this for a long time.
I remember having the same problem a while back when playing Persians.

But I still believe that fighting against this random event by building temples and monasteries should be taken into account in the game.

What if, when the game decides 'let's remove religion X from city Y' (and, have religious buildings make the odds of deciding to remove the religion become lower), there is a Z-turn timeframe in which the city still has the religion, and you can use a Missionary on the city (despite it having the religion) to 'reset' the presence of the religion? Probably too complicated, but hey, just throwing it out here.

Your means of controlling the spread of a religion is to adopt it as your state religion.

Your means of controlling the spread of a religion is to adopt it as your state religion.
Sure, I just wanted to throw in my two cents on what a player's "religious policy" could look like on the sides of his game, regarding non-state religions.

It wouldn't make the game any easier - temples and monasteries ain't cheap, to say the least. It would just add another "fight the odds" feature within a historically accurate setting, which is what makes your mod so addictive.

Top Bottom