DoC v1.16.10 released

Leoreth

Blue Period
Recent fixes have touched some critical components of the mod. Therefore I want to make sure that no issues have been introduced. So unfortunately we have to do another pre-1.17 release.

You can download it here, or by updating to the latest develop on git. If you can, please do so and play the game over the next couple of days to help me build confidence in its quality. It should be savegame compatible with games from 1.17.9.

Is 1.16.8 compatible with 1.16.9? And if so, I assume I have to first do .8 to .9 and then .9 to .10 right?

curious if there was an update note i missed? but the last few versions (1.16.8 to 1.16.10 now i believe) i havent been allowed to settle los angeles/any other california cities as USA early, even after settling seattle and after mexico's spawn. not sure if that was intentional or a bug or something

otherwise everythings been pretty smooth for me and ive been super excited the past few months waiting for the big release! thanks leoreth

Is 1.16.8 compatible with 1.16.9? And if so, I assume I have to first do .8 to .9 and then .9 to .10 right?
It should be, but I cannot 100% guarantee it. 1.17.9 is definitely compatible with 1.17.10.

You do not have to go via 1.17.9, you can skip it.

curious if there was an update note i missed? but the last few versions (1.16.8 to 1.16.10 now i believe) i havent been allowed to settle los angeles/any other california cities as USA early, even after settling seattle and after mexico's spawn. not sure if that was intentional or a bug or something
While the Mexican spawn is going on you cannot settle there, i.e. a few turns before and after. When are you trying to settle there? A save would help, just in case.

Should we expect 1.17 by the end of February or in March?
Yeah, I plan to keep this going for about a week. If no major issues are discovered (fixed or not) the release should happen by the end of the month. But if there are, we might have to repeat this cycle and push it into March.

I am in particular concerned about two recent fixes:
- double AI turn fix: please be on the lookout if an AI civilization gets to move twice for each player turn (or not at all), especially shortly after a new civilization has spawned or respawned.
- conditional spawns and respawns: I recently fixed the condition for one civ blocking the spawn of another (i.e. Aztecs blocking Mexico) and would like to know if these are gone, but also if other spawns that are expected to occur no longer occur.

But it could really be anything. If I fully knew all the side effects of a change there would be a lot less bugs, I am mostly worried about unexpected effects. I am extra careful in these cases because spawns and respawns are among the most important mechanics in the game so I want to avoid issues there in a major release.

Top Bottom