Does anyone think that their needs to be a Wild West mod???

Does anyone think that their needs to be a Wild West mod???

• Total voters
Look AlCosta I could get some info but I wolud like to edit things with Python and Xml stuff however I preitty much no NOTHING abought it :sad: though if I did I would love to be able to do this mod idea.If I am to do some programing with Python and xml I wolud need a gudie that would be VERY simple to understand :D

Python is simple enough to understand. The real problem comes in understanding python in Civ 4 which is much harder.

XML is pretty much cut n' paste.
Python, check out Gingerbread Man's "Learn How To Mod Civ 4 Today!", it is a really good tutorial.

I'm a big fan of Spaghetti Westerns, so i votet for "Yes"!
Maybe the mod can include:
Mexican Revolutionaries (E. Zapata, P. Villa)
Imperial Mexico (Maximilian of Austria)
Republican Mexico (Benito Juarez)
Outlaws (Jesse James, Billy the Kid)
Mormons (Brigham Young)

If I have new ideas, I'll post again.

By the way: I've just posted a WildWest-Map, you can find it here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4127169#post4127169

Iuvavus said:
Mexican Revolutionaries (E. Zapata, P. Villa)
Outlaws (Jesse James, Billy the Kid)
Mormons (Brigham Young)

That sounds interessting. I would like to see a cool Western Style mod. But I can't imagine how this mod should be. There must be more than historic Civs with immigrating settlers.:(

Chamaedrys said:
That sounds interessting. I would like to see a cool Western Style mod. But I can't imagine how this mod should be. There must be more than historic Civs with immigrating settlers.:(

Hmmm... I CAN'T think of more ideas right now and that is a ponit that has me stuck.I am gessing the main point of the mod would be expansion.

I'm already makin' it partners. Objections can be settled at high noon with shooting irons. :ar15:

Sometimes it's not about a world-shaping time-altering epoch of a scenario, it's about a place where anything can happen. Where ordinary folks gotta deal with little resources and lots of adversity. And ya ain't got no fancy-smancy lace an chiffon European opera houses and grandiose Roman aqueducts. :cool:

The Wild West
Semi-historical Scenario

Summary: Ratification of the Constitution of the United States of America has failed. The USA floats on a collision course toward eventual disaster in 1812 (and an even greater catastrophe in 1860) under the aging Articles of Confederation. Squabbling between the states has choked westward expansion. Manifest destiny is dead, the wild frontier is on it's own.

Play as the Republic of Texas, Empire of Mexico, the Commonwealth of California or for the extra challenge one of the American Indian civs.

Republic of Texas - Sam Houston (industrious, aggressive) UU: Texas Ranger (mounted) replaces pistoleer

Commonwealth of California - 'Emperor' Andre Norton (creative, financial) UU: Mountain Howitzer (siege) replaces horse artillery

Empire of Mexico - Santa Anna (expansive, spiritual) UU: elite soldado (gun) replaces rifled musket

The wild west would definitely lend itself to a mod. It was a time and place of new settlements, new technologies, economic development and conflict.

However, what about just a 19th Century American History mod? The entire North American continent should be the backdrop, starting in 1790 and going up to 1910.

Problem is, how do you balance it? How do you have some chance of some outcome other than the historical one? What is the alternate history option here?

As for those saying nobody ever does anything but talk, a simple way to start would be a map and a tech tree and just use and re-use of stock units.

EDIT: then I read the post immediately above, which answered my reply. Rock on Icewall.

Top Bottom