Does Anyone Use Chariots in Vanilla-C3C?

Or the RNG just hates you... :p

I have won with them several times.

I might build a few for barbarian control. The extra movement can be handy running them down on terrain unfavorable to the barbs or to reach/cover a worker that is on the edge of the known world when a barb horse appears out of the fog. I never build them in masses and I'll build horsemen as soon as they are available. In a pinch they serve as good early units to guard a wide border from barb invasions, particularly if you have roads so you can move reinforcing chariots and mass a number of them. It may convince the barbs to find an easier target.

I only build them as Egypt, and their chariot is excellent, although an early GA is not nice. You can spit out war chariots really fast if you have to and they are as good as horsemen on flat terrain. Normal chariots I almost never build, I usually have horseback riding by the time I get horses hooked up.

I build them as many as I can, but not with the idea to bash some opponents; that squeeky noise of a chariot getting crushed is painful on the ears, you know.
It's about upgrading for me, although they do have some other uses. Scouting has already been mentioned, but also the micro-management of towns becomes a bit easier with them - oops, that town is about to riot, no MP... oh wait, I can get that chariot over just in time!

no, they're crap.

once i've traded for the wheel, horseback riding is only one goody hut or 10/15 turns away thanks to expansionist trading partners

just build archers instead. they AI respects them more, and if they don't then archers can at least take out threats

Chariots are really bad fighting AIs. The stupid things just retreat behind mountains or wetlands!
But, for barb control, maybe.

Top Bottom