Does the boxed edition contain a Steam key?

linszoid

Chieftain
I ask because Amazon Prime gives a 20% discount to physical copies of new games. But I want to have the game on Steam. I've heard boxed copies of PC games contain a Steam key but I haven't bought a physical copy in years.

yes, in fact it's possible it will only contain the steam key and no other installation method.

If you're only interested in the discount, you can get it digitally with 20% off at greenmangaming.com

Thanks for the replies. It looks like I missed out on the deals sites such as GreenManGaming were offering but hopefully I can still save a few dollars.

I just checked GMG and it is still asking for the full price. So unless there's some voucher code it seems that Amazon is the best way to go at the moment.

yes, in fact it's possible it will only contain the steam key and no other installation method.

That would make people with metered high speed internet access grumpy if the CD version didn't contain the files. Even with a Day One patch; it would be a much smaller download if the CD version contains the base version of the game so steam only has download the files that are changed in that patch.

Top Bottom