Does Warlords add fun to CIV4 AW?

To be honest, if you found the core game to be 'tedious', I'm not sure anything would "spice it up" ;).

It depends what you like, if you're into scenarios and multi-player, it would certainly add some flavour to your game, even if you only play single player, it would certainly add some very well-created scenarios to the game.

Basically, here is a vague list of what it adds to the core game:
1. New civs.
2. New scenarios.
3. New graphics (Unique Buildings, flavour units).
4. Vassal States.
5. The Warlord unit.
+ although some of the major mods right now have a version for both Warlords and vanilla, I'm sure it wouldn't be the case a few months from now, a clear example is 'Rhye's and Fall of Civilization', where development will stop on the vanilla and be continued on Warlords.

To conclude, the Warlords expansion 'adds' elements to the game, I guess it's obvious, but does it spice things up? I can't answer that for you :), If you were into Civ4, I'd certainly advise you to pick a copy.

I hope that helped :).

Man your best to read a bunch of threads on gameplay and make that choice yourself. Don't take anyones word on this type of question. You'll get members who spend more time defending Warlords then playing it. Like they think there the late Johnny Cocrane or Jim Sheperio.

Those guys arn't so bad cause you can level with em. Its the fear of drawing out those obsessed fan boys who creep out of the crevasses, drawn to these threads like zombies to fresh brains, that keep the numbers of real honest opinions down to a few brave souls,

Thanks for the feedback.

T.A JONES said:

...Its the fear of drawing out those obsessed fan boys who creep out of the crevasses, drawn to these threads like zombies to fresh brains, that keep the numbers of real honest opinions down to a few brave souls,

:lol: I've seen those guys, but you captured their essence perfectly.

If you want to read the walkthrough, I have rectified the image errors by now

Top Bottom