• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

DOM art: Missing something.

Chiryoushi

Chieftain
Hi all.

Been smacking my head on a brick wall for about ninety minutes with this. The Modder's Guide doesn't give much detail on how to get a new DOM .dds file in place for a new Civilization.

I have every other part of what I'm trying to get my fictional Civ doing working, but simply can't get the DOM art to display.

I'm following the Guide's advice, saving as .dds with 4bpp, 1px alpha.

My inclusion line is <DawnOfManImage>PhalanDOM.dds</DawnOfManImage>

and the file PhalanDOM.dds is in the mod package.

What am I missing? I'm guessing there's a foible in the directory structuring or maybe and OnModActivated action that I'm missing that fires off the inclusion of new art in the game?

If anyone could lend a letter-by-letter guide on how to do this, I'd be grateful.

Many thanks to anyone who replies!

For anyone who needs another motive to contribute, right now, Washington is stuck as a Queen. :D

(left a spot of detail out - I get the error message 'PhalanDOM.dds cannot be loaded and then a hideous bright green checkerboard instead of a picture)

And some more testing - this also occurs even if I use a .dds file from another mod that definitely works. O_o Confused now.

Okay, so, it's not the .dds that's the problem, it's some element of my mod configuration. I tried replacing it into the Iceni mod and the new artwork showed up just fine. I know this is a bit of a spacewaste thread, but I hope to help a few people out by recording the issue and hopefully its resolution somewhere along the line.

And there we go, all working. I'm guessing that step was explained somewhere and I missed it, how frustrating. But thankyou very much! You've saved me a bunch of headaches.

And there we go, all working. I'm guessing that step was explained somewhere and I missed it, how frustrating. But thankyou very much! You've saved me a bunch of headaches.
It's not in Kael's guide, because that was written for release and the VFS attribute was added since then.

Top Bottom