Domestic issues 900 AD

Domestic issues 900 AD

• A. Rush buy bank in Dou (recommended; costs $80)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • B. Rush buy settlers in Naer, EF, FW, RF now (recommended; total cost $130)

• C. Rush buy settlers next turn in LP and Ipec and two turns from now in Igl (recommended)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • D. Rush buy caravan in LC (recommended; cost $25)

• E1. Deliver caravans to Dou from cities without trade routes (Ipec, Naer, FW, Igl, EF, LP, BS) (reco

• E2. Use all caravans for building wonders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F. Change production to triremes in BS and in FW when it completes its settlers; rush buy when neede

• G1. Build marketplaces in RF, LP, EF, VM when they have finished what they are building; rush buy so

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • G2. Focus on caravans in RF, LP, EF, VM

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • H. Dou build queue: Bank (see A), caravan, Isaac Newton's College (recommended)

• I1. Use the BP and FJ settlers to improve land (recommended)

• I2. Found cities using the BP and FJ settlers

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • J. Change production to harbor in Berlin Barbfarm and rush buy it (recommended)

• K. Change production to diplomats in BP, FJ

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • L. Bribe 1-3 barbarians near Berlin ASAP if they become NONE units (recommended)

• Total voters

TheViking

The world is not enough
We have a lot of money so I'm recommending rush buying some stuff:

(1) The 7 settlers (see B and C), 4 of which are to found cities and 3 to improve terrain. The RF, LP, Ipec and Igl settlers should found cities C1 to C4 in our colonies. In conjunction with this I do not recommend we use the BP and FJ settlers to found cities (see I1 and I2 and K), the land in the colonies has to be improved and the reason I want the settlers from exactly RF, LP, Ipec and Igl (and not some other cities) to found cities is that these cities are not very well prepared to support settlers.

(2) Triremes (see F) because we need more of them to ferry caravans and settlers.

(3) Caravan in LC (see D). We should also keep an eye towards IPRB'ing more of these in the coming turns.

(4) Marketplaces in some cities (see G1), these are useful for cities of this size, especailly when we celabrate next. I think we should rush buy (or at least hurry) these if we have the $$ to do so.

(4) Harbor in Berlin Barbfarm (see J). We do not need a diplomat, we have one nearby (it doesn't die when bribing units). The reason for the harbor is that I want this city to reach size 3+ ASAP so it can grow when we celebrate next. A diplomat or temple would be a good idea when the harbor is complete.

(5) We have enough $$ to bribe some barbs (see K1), however, we are not allowed to bribe cities so we can't buy Berlin.

(6) I think we should also establish more trade routes (see E1), we'll have enough caravans and cash to complete a wonder in Dou soon even if we establish some trade routes.

I'm not including a tax rate in this poll, I'd really like to know what the science ministry wants before posting a tax rate poll.

I went with G2 - focusing on some caravans first, then building the markets after.

Also did not vote for H. I think after the bank, Dou should continue build a harbor. Then we will probably have enough caravans ready there for Newton. If not, squeeze in a quick caravan. I would not start work on Newton unless we are ready to dump in all the caravans and/or cash necessary for completing it.

I see hardly anyone is sharing my opinion in some of these matters.:(

B) If we wait one more turn with these settlers, we'd save 130g, they'll all be done in two turns anyway (with no shield loss). The money we save could be spent on an extra MP, harbor or trireme. We don't have enough triremes to transport them yet anyway.

G) I agree with Tim. We're not going to celebrate for some time now, so MPs aren't urgent. We need trade and wonders though, so caravans should be priority.

I) I'm not sure if my tactic is the best, but I usually use the first established colony on a continent to colonize it further, i.e. set it to produce settlers until I have maybe three other cities capable of producing settlers. We have four city spots we intend to colonize with the four settlers from the main land, if we use FJ's and BP's settlers we could get 6 cities running. One or two more on the western continent, and maybe one on the island in the inner sea south of EF.

A) I didn't vote for this one because without paying any money the bank will be ready the turn the last caravan for Isaacs arrives. If we could squeese in another caravan in between (i.e. completing a caravan in 4 turns) I think it's all right.

Some comments:

(G): Building marketplaces is IMO a good idea when the cities (except for the SSC) have reached a size of 5-8, it gives us more cash per turn so they are useful even when we are not celebrating. However, the way poll is going now, the Ministry of Domestic Affairs will probably end up recommending a compromise involving building just two of these marketplaces and caravans in the other two cities.

(I) A question of playing style, I'm not sure which strategy is better ;). What I want is to make at least one city on each continent reach size 12 the next time we celebrate. Improving the terrain around them and not building a lot of settlers in these cities makes this easier. When at size 12 they'll start churning out settlers to found cities, we'll probably rush buy some of these.

(A) The reason for rush buying the bank is to then build a caravan ASAP and have it finished before starting a wonder. The reason is that Dou is supplying a commodity that is demanded elsewhere.

Regarding taxes, I'll post a poll later today but it's starting to look as if we should keep the current tax rate for 2-3 turns and then maximize science. Caravan delivery timing issues need to be considered though.

I didn't look that closely at the cities building settlers, and did not realize they were all within 2 turns of completion. $130 seems like a lot to speed them up by just one turn, so I'd like to change my vote to NO on "B"

Top Bottom