Domestic T1 P2: Government Target

What Government should we target?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MOTH

Emperor
What Government should we target for our first switch?

Discussion is in this thread.

Proposed are:
Republic
Monarchy
Fuedalism

Plurality wins as long as there is at least a 2 vote lead, otherwise there will be a run-off poll.

Republic is my choice. This will greatly increase commerce as well as allowing us to fight quick decisive wars. We may never need to change out of this Government until after we reach the domination limit.

One problem with the Republic if we go into wars. We would have to deal with the war wearyness that would sweep the nation. I perfer that we should go for Monarchy and avoid the unhappyness caused by war wearyness.

MOTH said:
Republic is my choice. This will greatly increase commerce as well as allowing us to fight quick decisive wars. We may never need to change out of this Government until after we reach the domination limit.
I agree. It is still possible for us to fight offensive wars, but wee need to be doing our warfare much more smarter than if we were in Monarchy.

Our path of culture suggests, nay implies fewer and shorter wars, so I do not believe that we need to give wars much weight in choosing the govermnent. Go with Republic.

Top Bottom