Download and Installation

I am a huge fan of History Rewritten and swear up and down that this is what Civ 5 should've been like.
I'm having trouble unzipping the 1.20. I've tried the Unarchiver, Zipeg, and 7zX; yet the file is still zipped tighter than a prudish prom date. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am a huge fan of History Rewritten and swear up and down that this is what Civ 5 should've been like.
I'm having trouble unzipping the 1.20. I've tried the Unarchiver, Zipeg, and 7zX; yet the file is still zipped tighter than a prudish prom date. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd suggest re-downloading, I use the Unarchiver myself and if it's not able to unzip 1.20 then something is definitely amiss. If it still won't work after re-downloading, it's potentially a permissions problem. Try moving the file to different locations before unzipping and perhaps use the Console app (in Application/Utilities) to see if the Unarchiver is generating a silent error message.

Please, start using SVN. It is easier to monitor your work and form a support team.:)

I've never used SVN before, have no idea how or where to get started. Certainly advantages to it though, perhaps after 1.21 is done I'll look into it.

Xyth:
Would love to have this mod, but my antivirus will not allow me to DL. Is there something wrong with this mod?

There is nothing wrong with the mod, or with Atomic Gamer. HR has been successfully downloaded thousands of times. Sounds like your antivirus/adblocking/etc software is being overzealous or something. HR is too big to email, but if you guys could let me know of an alternate free hosting service that you know works for you, I can upload 1.20 there.

RPG:
Glad you can download it. Tried turning it off and it won't let me DL it.

Your anti-virus software prevents downloading even when switched off? What's happening exactly, are you getting a message saying 'unable to download' or something? Or is it failing silently?

RPG:
Glad you can download it. Tried turning it off and it won't let me DL it.

I went to download the mod from atomic gamer and began the download. In the view download screen, where it told me it was blocked. I right clicked & selected download "unsafe" file and it worked.

I know Xyth's mod is perfectly safe, I've had it in the past. Security software is such a pain sometimes.

Great news fellas. Finally was able to get to my screenfilter and was able to turn it off. Got a good DL. Love the mod.

Glad to hear you both managed to get it downloaded. Thanks for persisting. Be sure to grab the small patch for 1.20, and let me know should you have any further issues :)

Just popping in to say that OSX users who can't find their Library folder might find this article useful.

Also, the path that works for me is not ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Mods/ but rather ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Beyond the Sword/Mods/

I have the mod downloaded and in the right folder, but I need to update civ to the 319 update. I've downloaded several patches but they look like installers for the game and crash as soon as I start them. Help?

I have the mod downloaded and in the right folder, but I need to update civ to the 319 update. I've downloaded several patches but they look like installers for the game and crash as soon as I start them. Help?

Are you on OS X or Windows? Which version of BTS do you currently have? Is it a disc version, Steam, or some other source (e.g. MacAppStore)?

Top Bottom