Dragon Cult

Imuratep

Cultist of the Old Ones
I always liked the Dragon Cult a lot as flavor- and mechanicwise it is very different to a normal religion. That's why I consider it good that Orbis reintroduced it after its removal from basic FFH. But the reason why it was removed nevertheless is still valid: It does not enough to justify much effort. Also you cannot really control its spread even if you want to spread it (with the Kuriotates or the Sheaim). The only use it usually has for me is to grant me Spiritual if I play a Sheaim or Kuriotates minor leader, but IMHO that should not be the main use.

I had an idea: Sheaim and Kuriotates get an unique ritual that randomly spreads the Dragon Cult into cities that don't have it AND all non-Kuriotates, non-Sheaim cities that already have the dragon cult will get a temporary malus (like unrest, riotturns, destroyed buildings, research turns lost, units turned barbarian etc.). This way the Dragon Cult will finally be the annoyance it should be, not something that you can ignore the whole game (as it does nothing). You could give the Kurios and the Sheaim different rituals with different results (as the worship for Abashi and Eurabatres should be quite different), but the main idea stays the same.

Something you can ignore? It's a pita if you get it in one of your city, losing production and stuff.

If I ever go back to LENA, I'll introduce a leader able to convert to CotD... So perhaps I'll need to extend its uses too :)

Something you can ignore? It's a pita if you get it in one of your city, losing production and stuff.

If I ever go back to LENA, I'll introduce a leader able to convert to CotD... So perhaps I'll need to extend its uses too :)

:please:

Gna. First I don't see many cities that get it. Perhaps one city in a realm of 6 cities. Second the events do not happen very often. Third you have to build something that needs a lot of hammers for the lost production to matter. If you lose 10 hammers or something like this in a period of 20 turns or more you do not tend to remove the "annoyance". You could of course just increase the spread rate of CotD and the event trigger probability of the CotD events. I don't have anything against conventional methods as long as CotD becomes the annoyance it should be.

Losing the hammers on a wonder is enough to want to get rid of it methinks. But yeah, perhaps now it spreads less but before it spreaded quickly everywhere.

Losing a wonder is a very specific situation. It has to be spread into a city that has a very high production rate. The event has to trigger and exactly this CotD event (as the other would not change anything). The wonder must be quite important to you as otherwise you wouldn't research priesthood to remove CotD. Not every religion has priests that are worth investing the research time for priesthood (Kilmorph, Empyreon, for most civs FoL, in many situation OO and of course Esus that does not have priests). Instead you could focus on economic or military techs. I must admit that I am no big fan of wonders as except some exceptions (like Guild of Hammers) the effect on the game is not big enough compared to the strong economic boosts buildings Orbis offers.

Top Bottom