Dungeons & Dragons: Mystara

There's a Conquests folder inside your Conquests folder. You probably need to install/look in that.

I updated post #1 with a new link to the mods current home. For those who are still looking for this mod.

Does anyone know if I will be able to d/l the LH for Zuyeov from somewhere on CFC or would I have to get the whole mod? Cos I tried to download it last night and it wouldnt give me more than 2mb :(

EDIT: I tried this morning and it worked this time. yay!!

the storm overciv forum? or the evo games the stormover civ looks like the previous version which i d/l already

evo games site has no d/l as far as i can see

ya even though i got civ4 and all expans i still enjoy the older civ3 with mods on occasion civ either 3 or 4 is my game of enjoyment .. lol

the storm overciv forum? or the evo games the stormover civ looks like the previous version which i d/l already

evo games site has no d/l as far as i can see

ya even though i got civ4 and all expans i still enjoy the older civ3 with mods on occasion civ either 3 or 4 is my game of enjoyment .. lol

Yeah Evo-Games is done as far as I can tell, I'm not really handling the caretaking of the mod anymore, since I was lost in World of Warcraft for a year before I came out long enough to breathe and catch up with my old hobbies and posting buddies. The Stormover version is the latest recovered version. I don't know the extent of it's bug issues, but my private message inbox was loaded with questions on where to get the mod so I thought I would update this forum for those still looking.

Hello Stormrage! :wavey: I forgot how much I loved posting here.

Nice to see CFC still using some of the smiley's I recommended eons ago ---> :coffee:

Yeah Evo-Games is done as far as I can tell, I'm not really handling the caretaking of the mod anymore, since I was lost in World of Warcraft for a year before I came out long enough to breathe and catch up with my old hobbies and posting buddies. The Stormover version is the latest recovered version. I don't know the extent of it's bug issues, but my private message inbox was loaded with questions on where to get the mod so I thought I would update this forum for those still looking.

Hello Stormrage! :wavey: I forgot how much I loved posting here.

Nice to see CFC still using some of the smiley's I recommended eons ago ---> :coffee:

i got lost in world of warcraft myself till i reached level 70 and got bored

:eek:Bored? There are a million things more to do at 70 than before getting to 70, if you're in the right guild, as in raid instances for one, daily quests, real battlegrounds, arenas. They keep patching in whole new areas for 70's as well. I've been a 70 a while, and have 3 more characters on their way. Still not bored. But, I admit, not everyone is interested in teaming up to complete the endgame quests :mischief:. Honestly I'm not too interested in completing them myself other than getting the gear that drops there. I enjoy the good social atmosphere that my guild offers, without having to leave my living room. Especially once they built in voice chat to the game. :cheers:

Ok, this is getting off-topic, sorry subscribers who have no idea, or interest in what I'm talking about.

In regards to Civ4, what are the expansions? Is Beyond the Sword the only one? I'm planning to grab it and get back to some Civ, but I want to make sure I have the most up to date version of the game.

There was another expansion before BtS, Warlords, but BtS includes all new features from Warlords; the only thing missing are the scenarios. If you can do without those, BtS is the only expansion you really need. :)

In regards to Civ4, what are the expansions? Is Beyond the Sword the only one? I'm planning to grab it and get back to some Civ, but I want to make sure I have the most up to date version of the game.

No there is also Warlords.

But I don't suggest buying ether Civ 4 or it Expanasions, I did and thought it was a Waste of my Money.
Civ 3 is by far the better game.
More over you will find that meny other people are of the same opinion, and are play Civ3 instead.

Has anyone been able to get this mod working with the actual map of Mystara, not just a random map?

It took me several hours to get this mod working at all. Initially, I was having the same problem that jimkirk was having. After reading this thread, based on several back and forth messages between jimkirk and tjedge1, it turns out you were supposed to extract the file into the C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive folder. Well, I have Civ 3 complete, so on my computer its D:\Program Files\Firaxis Games, which I assumed should be equivalent.

So I uninstalled civ3, re-installed, and extracted the mod to D:\Program Files\Firaxis Games. That did absolutely nothing. It simply put a folder in D:\Program Files\Firaxis Games next to the Civ III Complete folder, which the game didn't even look at.

So, looking later in the thread, I tried the following: uninstall CIV3, reinstall, extract mod (D&D-Mystara.rar) to D:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Scenarios, move biq files from text into scenarios, fix .wav file space problem. This allowed me to play the random D&D-Mystara 19.biq, but not the mystara world map d&d-mystara-world map.biq. I get the Timber_Palisade error that many other people have mentioned getting when I try to use the world map.

Can anyone please help me? I would like to be able to play this mod on the actual Mystara map (not random). Has anyone been able to get that to work?

Can anyone direct me to a working mystara world map .biq, or tell me how to get the d&d-mystara-world map.biq to work?

I recently set up this modpack and I got the same error when I tried to play the map. I openend the biq file in the editor, and discovered that there is an improvement called Timber Palisade there, and its Civilopedia Entry is BLDG_Coastal_Fortress. I don't know why, and I didn't feel like trying to experiment, because looking at the map, I noticed it's not really playable. It's just a map. There are no units, no cities, no starting locations, not even any resources, just terrain, goody huts and some terrain improvements. Phlegmak posted some maps on page 25 of this thread (thanks Plegmak). My next step will be to download them and see if they work.

I installed the 3 maps from Phlegmak. Now it's the Storehouse that's making problems. I looked in the biq file and it seems a lot of entries are missing. These maps may be for some other version of the mod, I don't know.

Actually, I think I've found a way to make Phlegmak's maps work. What I did was this:

1. Open Civ3ConquestsEdit.
2. In the editor, open the no-map biq file that actually works (D&D-Mystara 19.biq)
3. Choose File->Import
4. Check the Map option. Leave the other options unchecked. Click OK.
5. Choose one of the map files (assuming you've downloaded Phlegmaks map files)
6. Choose File->Save As
7. Name the file something else (like for example D&D-Mystara 19 - 100x100(no cities).biq)

I did the above and tried starting a game with the newly created biq file and it worked. Well, at least it started without errors. I haven't actually played anything yet.

Hmmm.... actually, the map import only seems to work for the 100x100 map. I get different error messages when I try to import the other maps. Oh well. If someone can figure something out, then please post here about it. I don't really know anything about modding, I'm just trying out random stuff.

:eek:Bored? There are a million things more to do at 70 than before getting to 70, if you're in the right guild, as in raid instances for one, daily quests, real battlegrounds, arenas. They keep patching in whole new areas for 70's as well. I've been a 70 a while, and have 3 more characters on their way. Still not bored. But, I admit, not everyone is interested in teaming up to complete the endgame quests :mischief:. Honestly I'm not too interested in completing them myself other than getting the gear that drops there. I enjoy the good social atmosphere that my guild offers, without having to leave my living room. Especially once they built in voice chat to the game. :cheers:

Ok, this is getting off-topic, sorry subscribers who have no idea, or interest in what I'm talking about.

i got bored waiting and waiting to join groups for the dungeons .. basicly i played wow as long as i had fun i quit when i stopped having fun and some peeps in the guilds wanted to make a job out of it and i say no thanks i work for 8 hours a day at a job when i come home i "just want to have fun" and kill things and blow things up in a game .. in other words they took a "game" and made it too serious

beyond the sword is the last expan

Just wanted to report that all my experiments have ended in failure, importing the 100x100 map doesn't really work either, the resource icons get all jumbled up and it doesn't really look good. I played a couple of turns and didn't actually crash the game, but having artifacts showing up as bananas and stuff like that seems to indicate the experiment was a dud.

Seems to me that the only realistic, but unfortunately rather time-consuming way of playing on a pre-determined map (and therefore using the mushrooms resource the way it was meant to) is to create the map yourself.

i got bored waiting and waiting to join groups for the dungeons .. basicly i played wow as long as i had fun i quit when i stopped having fun and some peeps in the guilds wanted to make a job out of it and i say no thanks i work for 8 hours a day at a job when i come home i "just want to have fun" and kill things and blow things up in a game .. in other words they took a "game" and made it too serious

Well, Mr. Kirk, I have found true what you mean about making a life in Warcraft, I have since moved to a new server and abandoned my old guild because of those "Hardcore" players. The guilds I'm in now are private and not really interested in the dungeons, which is fine by me. I've done what I want and now just play to have fun. I've also switched factions, which I've enjoyed much more.

evilpiggie said:
Just wanted to report that all my experiments have ended in failure, importing the 100x100 map doesn't really work either, the resource icons get all jumbled up and it doesn't really look good. I played a couple of turns and didn't actually crash the game, but having artifacts showing up as bananas and stuff like that seems to indicate the experiment was a dud.

Seems to me that the only realistic, but unfortunately rather time-consuming way of playing on a pre-determined map (and therefore using the mushrooms resource the way it was meant to) is to create the map yourself.

Sorry to hear you had trouble with some premade maps evilpiggie. I believe that if any of the newest download was modified it would ruin any premade maps. I'm guessing it has been by it's current caretaker, since it still had minor graphic and audio issues when I posted so many years ago.

Top Bottom