Dungeons & Dragons: Mystara

jimkirk said:
still get the icon_bldg_storehouse error message after d/l the smaller files somewhere somehow i am missing 1 file

anyhow normally the path where i d/l all mods are c:\program files\infogames interactive\civ3\conquest\scenarios and they all work i d/l a ton of the mods
and then i load conquest cd and point to civ-content and viola it works but soemhow i am missing 1 file the storehouse thing that isnt letting me start this mod
I didn't set up the compressed file to be downloaded into c:\program files\infogames interactive\civ3\conquest\scenarios. I tried to shorten the path for those who don't know their way around the civ3 folders. And I was wrong earlier when I said to extract it into the civ3 folder, not sure what I was thinking there. This is where it should go for you.

c:\program files\infogames interactive\

Extract the full install here and any other install you extract. Otherwise you could do a manual install and just extract it to your desktop and then go into the folders it creates and to the files and move them little by little. I don't recomment that really, there is around 7000 files in this mod. If you install the mod into your infogames interactive folder then it should work fine.

@odintheking: Unholy hobbit army. Interesting concept. They do have a way of getting around that lower hp value. ;)

Bug report: The jennite shaman unit can't actually do anything except kill itself in a suicide attack.

Problem whit Military leader. Me master unit wins 20 battle and no Military leader...

Hello tjedge1, Screen shots look great and i am super psych'd to play this mod. It will be the first mod i have ever played. The only thing is i don't know where to extract the file to. I have CC, so its the infogrames, but the title of the download is CivilizaitonIII, which is the title of the folder of the main game. so basically i was wondering how i install this mod. Thanks and sorry i'm a noob.

normal units (ex. master Glantri Heavy Rider) need 7 win battle for military leader.
The 20 win battler unis whit not leader is a Adventurer Party. have a problem whit AP?

jimkirk said:
its working now thanx and its gorgeous
Thanks I'm glad it works for you now. I hope it was worth the trouble. :)

Nadin Bytefelt said:
normal units (ex. master Glantri Heavy Rider) need 7 win battle for military leader.
The 20 win battler unis whit not leader is a Adventurer Party. have a problem whit AP?
Could be because the AP is considered an invisible barbarian so it can't produce leaders. Not sure about that though.

rhialto said:
Bug report: The jennite shaman unit can't actually do anything except kill itself in a suicide attack.
The shaman unit is actually a leader unit that can build armies, rush build wonders or start scientific GA's.

peanut35 said:
Hello tjedge1, Screen shots look great and i am super psych'd to play this mod. It will be the first mod i have ever played. The only thing is i don't know where to extract the file to. I have CC, so its the infogrames, but the title of the download is CivilizaitonIII, which is the title of the folder of the main game. so basically i was wondering how i install this mod. Thanks and sorry i'm a noob.
No worries. When you go to extract the download, don't open it, just extract. When you do this is it gives you a menu. You lead the extraction point to the Infogames and it will put everything into the folders that exist by the same name without overwriting and will create folders that it can't find. So if you extract it to the infogames folder it will install itself. If you just drag the folder into the infogames it will ruin the game and you'll have to re-install. Make sure you extract only. Below is the menu you should see to extract. The way I get to this menu is right click the compressed file and select the Extract files... This is the easiest way I know of extracting the game.

Attachments

• rarprev.jpg
    rarprev.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 685
Hey Tjedge1, can you give me the name of your wall paper there and where you got it from?

The shaman unit may well be intended as a leader unit that can rush buildings, build armies etc, but those options do NOT appear when I play my game.

"is" and "should be" are different things.

Thank you Tjedge1, that worked and its looks great, and thanks for the screen shots, very helpful. Again, looks absolutly beautiful, and for my first mod, its so nice it might be my only mod. Quick question, can i use the terrain pack from this mod in my regular games in C3C?

peanut35 said:
Thank you Tjedge1, that worked and its looks great, and thanks for the screen shots, very helpful. Again, looks absolutly beautiful, and for my first mod, its so nice it might be my only mod. Quick question, can i use the terrain pack from this mod in my regular games in C3C?
You can. Just go into the scenario folder, open the terrain folder and then copy and paste them over to the terrain folder in the Conquests folder. That should do it. Make sure to backup your original terrain in the conquests/terrain folder in case you ever want it back.

rhialto said:
The shaman unit may well be intended as a leader unit that can rush buildings, build armies etc, but those options do NOT appear when I play my game.

"is" and "should be" are different things.
:hmm: It's hard to tell from a typed post, but the way you finished yours you seem a little testy. I'm pretty knowledgable on the understanding of the english language. It IS my first language and I happen to be a novelist, so understanding and using the language is not a problem for me. Thank you for reporting the error in the game. None of my beta testers ever reported a problem with this unit, which is the reason I didn't state the word should. I will test it myself and see what happens and change the unit's purpose if it does not work as it should, for the update patch planned for release at a later time. There is no need to be rude, and if you are not meaning to be, then I apologize for assuming such. I hope the rest of the mod is working for you.

Bahzell said:
Hey Tjedge1, can you give me the name of your wall paper there and where you got it from?
I don't remember exactly where I got this desktop. It was a picture I found while trying to get some wonder splashes for the mod. I cut it up and used it too. I'll attach it below. It is only 500x400 but it looks alright on my desktop using the 1024x768 pixels.

Attachments

• winged elf.zip
    443.2 KB · Views: 295
Hmm....just noticed Elves get Muskets later on.....damn, that has put me off, lol

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as testy, it's just that when I said "there is a bug", the response was essentially, "Oh no there isn't". I just wanted to avoid it descending into the famous chant from British pantomime.

rhialto said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as testy, it's just that when I said "there is a bug", the response was essentially, "Oh no there isn't". I just wanted to avoid it descending into the famous chant from British pantomime.
Well, there shouldn't have been an error. I wasn't sure on how experienced a gamer you were so I just said what it is assigned to do in case you didn't realize it was a leader unit. None of my testers ever reported a problem but maybe they never played that civilization either. So, since I now know you know what you're talking about, then I'll know it is bug report when you post it. At the time I wasn't sure. Trust me I won't go into that pantomime :lol: . I used to do that to my sisters just to annoy them. I'll do some tests of my own on the unit and wonder that produces it. If it isn't working then I'll alter it abilities to be more like a wiccan and abjure mage or something. Or an army unit of some kind. Or I'll just replace it all-together. I do need to make room for the Manscorpions that are coming in. They need wonders to produce them too.

Raw is War? said:
Hmm....just noticed Elves get Muskets later on.....damn, that has put me off, lol
Yeah, :lol: I didn't really want to give them those, but it would have put them at a major disadvantage late in the game. I couldn't see them with a some special crossbow either so I just gave them a musket. Gnolls, Giants, Orcs and Lizardmen get them so I didn't want the elves to just get trampled by lack of technology.

Tjedge,
I've worked most of the way through two campaigns. The first was with Vestland; the second was with the Hule. I was frustrated with Vestland initially. I couldn't mine! HA! Then I played with the Hule and couldn't farm. I guess it just plays for different strategy. Did you do a write up of what you had intended each to be used as? I'd like to read something that could perhaps tell me each civ's strengths and weaknesses. I enjoyed being "The Horde". I think I'll go for a campaign as the Hule again.

Hule is one of my favorites. Next would be Frosthaven and then Malpheggi.

I haven't done a writeup for strategies. That could be quite time consuming. I'll try to work on that and I can put it in the Civilopedia under concepts or something to be able to access it in game. And then stick in the preview threads somewhere. Nice thinking.

For sure though almost every civ is different to play or against. For example, the Shires offensive units have stealth attacks and can take out enemy offense by ignoring their defense. Very tough to fight against them because of this, but they have a handicap too, they have less hp's than all other races.

NOTE: I'll have a 100x100 world map, with starting positions only, out sometime today.

Ok guys, there is a 100x100 map available in the downloads thread at Evo-Games. It Installs the same as the mod and has new resources that are in the previews, but not the random game.

Top Bottom