Duplicate sponsors?

omniclast

Prince
Does anyone know if two Civs in the same game will be able to have the same Sponsor, and different traits? Or will the Sponsor trait be exclusive, like Leaders in Civ 5? More importantly -- does that mean there will be a hard limit of 8 players per game?

It would be nice if sponsors had two leaders each, maybe of both genders, so there could be up to 16 civs if there is a hard limit.

You can run multiples of a leader/civ already in Civ 5 by hand selecting your opponents in the advanced options. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this for BE as well, but we'll have to see. It is a different game and all.

22 Zulu match on duel map anyone? :crazyeye:

I don't think anyone here knows the answer to that question (or, at least, anyone who's allowed to answer it), but I have to assume that the answer is yes. Civ V already supports this, Beyond Earth appears to have the same range of map sizes, and it's hard to imagine that they'd have an 8 player cap on huge maps.

I don't think anyone here knows the answer to that question (or, at least, anyone who's allowed to answer it), but I have to assume that the answer is yes. Civ V already supports this, Beyond Earth appears to have the same range of map sizes, and it's hard to imagine that they'd have an 8 player cap on huge maps.

I hope there is
1. code specifically avoiding it Unless #players># factions
2. default # of players can still be 8 on a large map. (You just get more exploring time)

I was thinking more for multiplayer, where to my knowledge you can't duplicate Civs. Then again, multi is so unstable you can't really get more than 8 people in a game to begin with, so I doubt that'll be a problem I run into.

Still, it would seem weird to me to set up a 12-player single game and by default end up with 2 (or more!) of the same leader.

I was thinking more for multiplayer, where to my knowledge you can't duplicate Civs. Then again, multi is so unstable you can't really get more than 8 people in a game to begin with, so I doubt that'll be a problem I run into.

Still, it would seem weird to me to set up a 12-player single game and by default end up with 2 (or more!) of the same leader.

Well I think that is partially avoided by not having more than 8 as the default.

(and possibly it might be limited to 8 players... ie you Can't set up a 12 player game)

(and possibly it might be limited to 8 players... ie you Can't set up a 12 player game)

This is my guess...which I find a little disappointing. If they do limit to 8 player games, hopefully they will expand it as they add more leaders in DLC.

I never really liked the idea of '3 Egypts' in one game. It just breaks immersion for me so I am not sure I want to play a BE game with 3 ARC's. For me, variety is the spice of a good game, so please no Clone Wars :)

Does anyone know how random leader is going to work? Do you get to choose your Sponsors before or after the "roll" of your leader?

Before would make it very hard since you have no idea who you're going to play, but it's the only way the current UI seems to work...

Does anyone know how random leader is going to work? Do you get to choose your Sponsors before or after the "roll" of your leader?

Before would make it very hard since you have no idea who you're going to play, but it's the only way the current UI seems to work...

your sponsor= your leader

Although it does seem like it would be interesting to have some Random options on the seeding.
(Presumably AI players are Randomly assigned their Leader and then pick their other Seeding options)
I'd like the opportunity to do the same...
As well as randomly select options entirely

your sponsor= your leader

Although it does seem like it would be interesting to have some Random options on the seeding.
(Presumably AI players are Randomly assigned their Leader and then pick their other Seeding options)
I'd like the opportunity to do the same...
As well as randomly select options entirely

Yeah, of course I meant the seeding options if you decide to go for a random Sponsor ;).

Yeah, of course I meant the seeding options if you decide to go for a random Sponsor ;).

I think that just might be whatever Sponsor Starts selected...
Basically there are 2 options

1. they have a "Random" option and then you make your next choice not knowing what sponsor you have (this seems hard..unless ALL the seeding options are selected randomly)

2. you make the random choice..Then they tell you and then you go on to the next seeding step

I can see those as 2 fun ways to play a random player
Perhaps

If you choose advanced setup and random player, It starts the 'game setup' menu with your Sponsor and World preselected.. so you can see them

However, you have another option... if you move forward to the next part of Seeding without selecting something, that part you bypassed stays blank... if you then Start the game while some options are blank.. the game prompts you

You have not selected your "Sponsor", "Colonists", etc.
Do you want to select them or just take random ones
Go back and Select....or........Play now with random ones

Better would be if they just added a 'random' option for each part of Seeding

Top Bottom