1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DVD not found when using DVD player in Media Bay.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by Mercade, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

My DELL 510M laptop uses a Media Bay. It can be used for a CD/RW or DVD-ROM player as well as an extra battery. I have installed [civ4] using the DVD-ROM player in the Media Bay. When I try to run the game, the infamous "Wrong DVD" message is displayed.

The correct DVD is in the bloody drive. Is rejecting a DVD-ROM player in a Media Bay part of the "features" of SafeDisc?

My laptop is clean from any software such as Alcohol120% or even NERO, althrough Sonic RecordNow is installed. What's next? Installation of MineSweeper prohibited? :wallbash:

2. didaskalia7

didaskalia7 Nightmare Proportions

I fixed mine by changing the properties of the Civ4.exe
    to have a compatibility of Windows NT svc pack 4.
    it fixed mine.

3. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Hmm.. Thanks for the suggestion, Didaskalia7. I tried it, but to no avail. Cycled through all possible compatibility modes, but it didn't work. Then when I switched off the compatibility mode again. Lo and behold. It started. Now let's see how it behaves tomorrow ...