1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynamic Names: How to modify?

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Unendingfear, Mar 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Unendingfear

Unendingfear Chieftain

I was poking around in the XML files to try to figure out how to modify the Dynamic Names portion - I wanted to add a little more hi-tech styled names to go with technocracy and whatnot - and I seemed to be unable to locate the appropriate files. I checked the docs and it referenced the civics files but I couldn't find any appropriately related information therein. Some assistance would be appreciated.

2. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

You'll have to use the Python. Dynamic civ naming is controlled in Assets\Python\Revolution\Gameready\DynamicCivNames.py. I think it would make for an interesting project.

3. Unendingfear

Unendingfear Chieftain

Ah, what would be a good program to edit python? I've only ever stuck to the XML's thus far.

4. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I just use Notepad2. You can use any text editor to edit the Python files.

5. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

Notepad++ would be fantastic to work with.