Early Game Egypt Strategy

Fanatik

Chieftain
First city founded djanet. Build a few warriors and take Babylon once culture pushes out Jerusalem. Tech first for masonry then military- hunting, archery (defend against those chariot barbs in Babili!) and bronze working. Only religious tech we need early is mysticism Pyramids and stonhenge in Babil, axemen artemis and great lighouse in djanet.

Raze all local barbs and independants and use gold for more mercenaries (wth luck a revolt to weaken shush before persia appears). Take Byzanton, make peace to get stone through, when greece collapses take Athens. Kill persia, raze all cities and build one on coast (GL) Maui statues immediately in byzanton (do not wait!).

After I decided to go for construction before aesthetics, civil service rather than theology.

NO need for any revolution untill bureaucracy/or. No religion either untill things became more clear,. This alows open bordrs with china and japan. Budhism the predominent religion in my game (37% by 740!) so I switched to it.

Nice to see the great wall, built in babil, cover egypt and persia. Only wonders I have missed by 740- great library rome, oracle delhi.

1st screenshot is after great wall in 350.
2nd in 740, )

Attachments

• egypt.jpg
    egypt.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 989
  • egypt 2.jpg
    egypt 2.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 363
Nice strategy, I wonder if you could survive the instability from Turkey tho. Waiting for the details of your next part (perhaps you could give us a hint how are you going to deal with future events?).

Conquered Rome after collapse and then India on 2nd attempt after they bought 4 mercs. Vassals Ethiopia England and Khmer. Turkey spawned and I took care of them in two turns with a 16 unit stack. Also built all wonders but sistine chapel, Notre Dame, and Hagia Sophia. Stability Solid 20, even without vassalage.

Definately could have done domination, never below +8 stability. Notice the economy!

IF i continue im thinking of skipping economics (dont think its required for space is it?) and go straight for comunism then assembly line. Also skip mass media untill end to keep production bonus.

LAst two cities budapest for coal and oil and nw australia for aluminum and uranium.

Question-
DOes "Team project" mean England could help build my spaceship?

One other note- trade to china on and off untill I finally razed indian indy city in way and built road. It would come and go (work for a few turns and then stop-- very strange.

Attachments

• e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 348
  • e4.jpg
    e4.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 208
Heh, just wait for your expansion stability to tank if you dare venture outside of your current territory. Even 1 city in New Orleans drove me to collapse with a 50+ economy.

Question-
DOes "Team project" mean England could help build my spaceship?

One other note- trade to china on and off untill I finally razed indian indy city in way and built road. It would come and go (work for a few turns and then stop-- very strange.

I think "Team project" applies to games where players start off in teams (e.g. they research techs together).

Trade seems to be a bit odd in RFC. Did you have permanent contact with them?

I think "Team project" applies to games where players start off in teams (e.g. they research techs together).

Trade seems to be a bit odd in RFC. Did you have permanent contact with them?

Had a galley between japan and china. No embassy.

As for stability it does become a real issue with democratic civics. Golden age is key here, would not be possible to get through without mausoleum. 8 cities absolute limit. 5 vasssals but barely stable with suffrage/free speach/emanc/sp/free religion/vas. Fission in 1829, but had to go back a few times when I tried to switch civics without golden age and turkey respawned.

Top Bottom