Earth 18 Civs: Triumvirate Uprising PBEM

Decided to go culture about 2-3 turns in. Picked up some tech so that I had a navy (some Legendary cities where on the coast) so that I had protection ... then culture all the way (building temples, special religious multiplier buildings, etc).

There was little or no doubt about Germany winning. I didn't think it would end this way though. I thought the rest of the world would build to mount a challenge.

I could have asked for additional civs in the re-organisation discussions. Instead Ruff opted for easy win: within the rules but not the spirit.

In the end a waste of time.

I guess when a German destroyer feels it really must sink an Aztec caravel while it tries to return to its home waters following a broadcast ultimatum, the game is effectively over.

Goes against your stated proposal about attack.

Anyhow game over. Lesson learned.

There was little or no doubt about Germany winning. I didn't think it would end this way though. I thought the rest of the world would build to mount a challenge.

I could have asked for additional civs in the re-organisation discussions. Instead Ruff opted for easy win: within the rules but not the spirit.

In the end a waste of time.

Did you want a blood bath? I'm happy to play on to that effect if people are interested.

Goes against your stated proposal about attack.

I can see your argument ... but my view was that I didn't want anyone anywhere close to seeing how poorly defended those 3 cities were and trying an attack. Easiest way to do that was to enforce a (rather large) no-go zone.

Congrats to Ruff (and sohleks and Kenwyn) for your combined victory over the rest of us. I understand Herc's reasoning, but it was all within the rules and nothing saying Ruff's victory isn't legitimate. We all knew it was coming, it was only a matter of time. I'm glad to finally officially complete a PBEM on this site!

If you guys want to continue, go for it, but at Ruff mentions, it will be a bloodbath. Just retire my civs to AI in that case. I have enough PBEM's, it is already a relief to cut one from my active list!

Civ4ScreenShot0315.JPG

Thx guys. I'll forward the turn and any that want to play on ... play on. Any that want to retire ... then Alt-Q (or give your civs to another human) and we'll play on.

Welcome to the club.

Very good concept but as we found out, in the end, flawed by the civ choices options. Ah well that's the way it goes.

Congratulations Ruff.Hi! Good game! I'm glad we completed this. I love finishing something properly and appreciate everyone for sticking around to conclude it. Thanks!

Feel free to PM or email me if you'd like me to join something, just to chat or whatever. You guys were fun to play with.

Top Bottom