Earth and Beyond... Alpha Centauri and Beyond?

rajofpsg

Chieftain
Once you build the spaceship you then win the game when it lands on Alpha Centauri, thus colonizing it, ending the game.

Maybe Civ4 wont end there.

I'd like to enter an idea into the mix here that is a blend of a Civ2:ToT feature allowing multiple maps representing "worlds" in order to allow the possibility of space colonization and exploration once you have acheived the possibility the same way presently achived by way of the SpaceShip constructed.

Civ2:ToT allowed you to swap views between each "world". the same can be done for each colony.

You dont have to conquer Earth to take part of this feature of the game. your earth allies/enemies can follow you into space when they send off thier ships as well.

You could have outright colonial warfare on some distant backwater planet, and maybe a diplomatic feature to agree not to pollute the "mother planet" with destruction.

A whole new system/view can be implemented (ala Master of Orion 2, or Galactic Civilizations) to handle the movement of spaceships (colonyships, battleship, spacestations) to get around to these worlds.

Asteroids, Habitable Space domes, Moons can all be colonized as well, not just planets.

I'd like to see a way to expand beyond sending my ship to Alpha Centauri. I'd like to keep playing with my new found colony in the civ way I like, with a whole new dynamic added to the game.

Take "One more turn" syndrome to the next level hehe.

Yeah, I'd defintely like to see a space expansion added to Civ.

never-ending exploration opportunities.

I could see a humungous amount of new Techs and Units and city Improvements and Wonders and such.

Maybe when your culture reaches a certain majority percentage of total planetary culture on Earth, your civ could then be the one bestowed the responsibility to defend it, conduct humanities diplomatic affairs with outside races (which would appear when you start exploring further out. Your Earthly rivals, plus alien civs. Imagine your English Civ allying with a insectoid alien Civ to kick the growing Chinese empire from a certain region of space?), maybe be responsible to fund an international Sol Defence Force for defence of the homeworld.

Except that Firaxis isn't particularly interested in doing sci-fi anymore...

Top Bottom