Earth Realism Map update v1.5 16may06

2 games, America and Greece. Monarch/normal speed +sevomod 2.9z

Greece, Rome, Spain played very poorly controlled by the AI. AI Axtec always overruns AI America. This is the fact in all the earlier versions of the map aswell.

America has larg landmass to expliot but always falls behing other nations even played by me.

Play Tip: Greece is very fun to play as a aggresive world counguer (hard aswell)

Suggestion: Give barbarians Archer for defens, gets overrunn way to fast.

Hi,
I have tried downloading 1.5.3 twice nw and each time that I do there is one huge problem. There are NO resources on this map. no wheat, no copper, no fish, nothing. Is it possible for this to be fixed?

Nimbus said:
Hi,
I have tried downloading 1.5.3 twice nw and each time that I do there is one huge problem. There are NO resources on this map. no wheat, no copper, no fish, nothing. Is it possible for this to be fixed?
:confused: Are you sure mate? I got it check again and thing seem normal :crazyeye: none have such problem yet So, You must have miss something _ what country -- are you playing _where in the map:confused: are you using MOD.. update it yet? Oh.... and you will see copper when you have copper tech - No wheat No fish ---- you must be in Mongolia ...:lol:

Sorry, my computer glitched, reinstalled the game itself and map is fine now

bigredjeff said:
shouldn't england have a stone resorce? what about game (hunting)? awesome map.
only for Major stone builder civ Like Rome or Egypt etc. ;)

bigredjeff said:
shouldn't england have a stone resorce? what about game (hunting)? awesome map.
only for Major stone builder civ Like Rome or Egypt etc. ;) and no more space in England .every civ can not have every thing that is the goal you have to fight or trade for it :mischief:

for people who want more civilizations to play use Mod like Sevo or Amra and 1.5.4. that I just post. have Fun

One thing i have noticed, each and everytime i play FfH2 on this map, one of the units are located in the sea next to Japan. And needless to say is is not playable for that unit, unless i move it each and evertime i use your map.
Also i always start in Africa?? is that an only option??
Otherwise i only use your map at the present time, good job!!
PS i have most recent change.

I just had a great game on 1.5 as Gandhi (went in and changed the leader). I was playing on Deity going for a cultural win.

I had India, Southeast Asia, an island in Indonesia, north Australia and one city in Northern California. I was playing as Pacificist for most of the game. I founded Hinduism and Islam and had spread it throughout most of the world. I had more than 3/4s of the World Wonders. So when three of my cities are around 60,000 culture (75,000 needed) China, my main rival, declares war on me. China has a huge, completely modern army. I fight tooth and nail, but they have at least 5 times the units that I have. I pick off tanks, slow them down, do everything I can... I am constantly looking for a chance to make peace with them but it never happens. Similarly, no one will join me in war. Two of my cities reach legendary culture. The other one is 5 turns away. And Qin he takes one of my cities of legendary culture with some 20 tanks, 10 artillery... I figure that's it and resign. It was 169X. I had every technology except fusion. First game I've played to near the end and lost.

-- Hypnotoad

it seems a bit strange to me, I play Earth Realism 1.5.3 with sevomod; I play England: Spain founded 3 religions, I conquered them completely, built two shrines in holy cities with my prophets and I don't get any money from them, although religions are spread widely. I get +1 culture for each city with religion instead... Money is what I need more than culture. Is it Sevomod that changed it or something else???

Doing well btw on Monarch, I am now 3rd overall (Paris just taken, only 2 minor French cities remaining), with China and India well ahead

Hypnotoad said:
I just had a great game on 1.5 as Gandhi (went in and changed the leader). I was playing on Deity going for a cultural win.

I had India, Southeast Asia, an island in Indonesia, north Australia and one city in Northern California. I was playing as Pacificist for most of the game. I founded Hinduism and Islam and had spread it throughout most of the world. I had more than 3/4s of the World Wonders. So when three of my cities are around 60,000 culture (75,000 needed) China, my main rival, declares war on me. China has a huge, completely modern army. I fight tooth and nail, but they have at least 5 times the units that I have. I pick off tanks, slow them down, do everything I can... I am constantly looking for a chance to make peace with them but it never happens. Similarly, no one will join me in war. Two of my cities reach legendary culture. The other one is 5 turns away. And Qin he takes one of my cities of legendary culture with some 20 tanks, 10 artillery... I figure that's it and resign. It was 169X. I had every technology except fusion. First game I've played to near the end and lost.

-- Hypnotoad
Sound like you are having a blast :goodjob: that's do happed to me too lost in the end when you almost win :cry: and when you play on Monarch or emperor or higher the AI got so much advantage you just have to be aggressive- I always have to attack a AI when I have higher military tech and build up a good attacking Army and take his best cities ----you have forget the small one ---got to hit where its hurt ----funny thing is when I play as china -India always number one and I really have to kick him between the legs :lol:

radzik said:
it seems a bit strange to me, I play Earth Realism 1.5.3 with sevomod; I play England: Spain founded 3 religions, I conquered them completely, built two shrines in holy cities with my prophets and I don't get any money from them, although religions are spread widely. I get +1 culture for each city with religion instead... Money is what I need more than culture. Is it Sevomod that changed it or something else???

Doing well btw on Monarch, I am now 3rd overall (Paris just taken, only 2 minor French cities remaining), with China and India well ahead
yep the MAP IS not Mod ;) it is the game setting that you should look I dontnkow How much SEvo change the some setting... you should have more money with wide spreded religions... and China and India thing... they supposed to lead to world.... once you got industrialized... you need to go there... and deindustrialised them:lol: like in history

strategyonly said:
One thing i have noticed, each and everytime i play FfH2 on this map, one of the units are located in the sea next to Japan. And needless to say is is not playable for that unit, unless i move it each and evertime i use your map.
Also i always start in Africa?? is that an only option??
Otherwise i only use your map at the present time, good job!!
PS i have most recent change.
you got to load the custom version for MoD -I made the Map open end. and you should adjust starting location by world Builder -with Mod U should be able to play with new civilizations and choses your leader;)

niust,

can i use your map as the basis of a scenario i'm working on? i had not originally intended on uploading the scenario, but i would like to see if anyone else takes interest and hopefully improves upon it. i have limited this to being a scenario--not a mod, so it's a little screwy.

i used the next to last version of your map and added two horse resources to north america. the mod is a weak attempt to duplicate the world as it was in 1775-1800. i tried to use the map that comes with the game, but europe was just too small.

RegentBob said:
niust,

can i use your map as the basis of a scenario i'm working on? i had not originally intended on uploading the scenario, but i would like to see if anyone else takes interest and hopefully improves upon it. i have limited this to being a scenario--not a mod, so it's a little screwy.

i used the next to last version of your map and added two horse resources to north america. the mod is a weak attempt to duplicate the world as it was in 1775-1800. i tried to use the map that comes with the game, but europe was just too small.
No problem ;) I'll check out when you 're done

Top Bottom