1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Easy to mod?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by householder, Aug 25, 2014.

1. householder

householder Lord of the Fleas

I apologize if this topic has been discussed already, I did a search and didn't see a relevant thread.

My sense is that Civ V suffered from a relative lack of mods, compared to Civ IV. I am wondering if Beyond Earth will produce many user mods?

2. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

It uses the same engine as Civ V, so modding should use the same tools and procedures.

In other words: no.

3. zerokarma

zerokarma Chieftain

It's a shame Civ V was so hard to mod for, still waiting for Rise of Mankind style of mod for V.

4. BrotherAriman

BrotherAriman Chieftain

I think they said thye've designed this one to be easier to mod than 5 so maybe there's hope.

5. DarkestOnion

DarkestOnion Prince

I am unsure how Civ 5 is hard to Mod exactly. There are multiple simple Guides on YouTube and Simple to Moderate Complex XML coding is copying/pasting/changing after locating the desired variables in the XML Code. It takes some research and some troubleshooting, but you can do it if you focus folks.

6. Lord Shadow

Lord Shadow General

In my modest Civ5 modding experience, I noticed a bunch more features were hardcoded, compared to Civ4.

They could loosen up on that, but I'm not sure how much.