Edit Diplomacy AI?

Donut11975

Chieftain
In civ 4 games the AI is constantly asking me to declare war on another civ and I always say no.This makes most civs hate me.Same thing goes for refusing to stop trading with someone which, I get. Anyway to stop the AI from asking me to declare war on another civ so much? I'm using the Legends of Revolution mod if that means anything. Thanks for the help.

If they ask you to declare on someone who isn't your neighbor, you can accept, not send any units and make peace as soon as that option is available without fighting a single battle.

But if you want to get rid of it completely, I assume you could edit CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml and change the CONTACT_JOIN_WAR value to 0 for all leaders. Normally you'd copy the file to the corresponding CustomAssets folder and edit it there, so that you can easily reverse the changes later. Not sure if this works with other mods.

Alright thanks for the reply. Instead of disabling it outright is there anyway I can make it less frequent?

Change the CONTACT_JOIN_WAR value to something other than 0... Maybe half of the original value?

If you renegotiate the terms, and then decline, the AI will count it as a normal interaction and you won't get a diplo hit for refusing a demand. It works for all AI demands, btw. This way, you won't have to change the code, at least.

If you renegotiate the terms, and then decline, the AI will count it as a normal interaction and you won't get a diplo hit for refusing a demand. It works for all AI demands, btw. This way, you won't have to change the code, at least.

You can't renegotiate the terms when an AI is asking you to join a war or when the AI is asking you to stop trading with someone. You only have the two options of accepting or refusing.

Top Bottom