El J-01 North Viet Nam ~ Full Metal Jacket The Ho Chi Minh Trail

Oh, so it is a marketeer and not a taxman? Well, I'm less surprised now.

I think we're back around the horn to you El J.

IIRC the order was
El Justo
Dferrill
Soul Warrior
ThERat
Whomp

Chox there's a two happy face smiley as well as a one happy face smiley. The black marketeer gives more happiness versus the normal one smiley.

The reason the AI has used a taxman is because there's no more tiles to work and the city was happy enough to not use another clown. I doubt you'll see the AI use a policeman or civil engineer though. I didn't see any scientists in this game so I'd guess they'll use clowns and taxmen.

Also on the minimap, I'm not sure it would help. The cities are pretty close together so the white dots are all over and the green and brown are a little hard to distinguish on the minimap.

Week 35 1965
nothing too fancy. i survey our troop disbursements and prepare for the next turn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
IBT
a few air raids over our southern most holdings in geographical SV
Week 36
several resistors are quelled in some of the newly conquered cities & WLTP day celebrated in all corners of our empire :)

spy on Da Nang - 1 ARVN rifle, 1 USMC rifle, 2 M48A3 MBTs, 2 M113 ACAVs, 1 155mm arty piece

Tra Vinh siezed in north east IV Corps - we now have SV sealed off here in the southern most reaches of geographical SV

returned a stray POW for a single victory pt

Hoai Nonh taken in the SV enclave - we sustained light losses
IBT
a few sorties by the USAF and USN - 2 B52 raids this time
Week 37
Bac Lieu taken in eastern IV Corps; and the noose gets a little tighter :cool:

cashed in a few more POWs - and i saw that someone had 'captured' some POWs w/ immobile units. i probably should've mentioned it earlier but it is best to 'secure' or 'capture' these POWs w/ mobile units. if the POWs are 'captured' on a tile which has a VP, one needs to move the 'capturing' unit off of the VP tile and then back onto it. don't ask me why it is set up like this; my guess is that it's some hard coded feature of civ3.

Hue City captured w/ only light losses*
* in RL, my uncle fought w/ the 2d btln, 5th Marines in Hue City during Tet in '68. nasty, nasty street fighting and house-to-house operations...bloody stuff.
IBT
a few more sorties and some USN GFS

ARVN assault on Hoia Nonh repelled w/ only light casualties
Week 38
i began assembling some staging areas for the next player -
two of them a few clik's NW and SW of Buon Ma Thuat
two more on the flanks of the SV enclave
--see screenie for more details--

we lack decent fire support in western II & I Corps. so i sent a few arty pieces this way
IBT
another ARVN assault on Hoai Nonh is repelled w/ minimal losses

a few other misc ARVN and US attacks are repelled

several VC Sappers are spawned
Week 39
radar installation near Buon Ma Thuat is destroyed

Ca Mau taken - we now are in control of almost the entire IV Corps Tactical Zone :D

VP race - 1,416 for us and 1,184 for them

The Save

Week 40 1965 Begin assault on An Hoa with artillery first to soften it up some then sent troops in for the kill took the city with minimal loses. An Hoa is now ours also destroyed 1 F4 refueling in the city.:) I decided my next target would be Phue Bai after our spie determined it was lightly defended 2 tanks 1 home guard & 1 ARVN in the city so i launched a 2 prong attack from the north & the south same strategy as previous city and was successful we now have control of Phue Bai and captured Camp Eagle US Army Base in the city.we encountered no loses.there was light bombing this week only 3 sorties 2 of which was B52s no damage.Its late just got in from work only had time for 1 turn but it was very successful.:D Will try and finish tomorrow before i go to work if i dont complete i will wednesday for sure.

Week 41 1965 Started attack on Danang was successful we encountered 1 lose Danang is ours we sucured a Air Base in the city now ours.This should slow down air attacks in the future.Moving troops in to attack on Hoi An next turn and I also take the city of Nam Dong with minimal loses. Week 42 I began assault on Hoi An suffered 3 loses 2 VC units & 1 Sapper there was 3 sorties this round no damage. air raids seem to be getting less and less naval attack on Dong Ha no real damage Uncle Charlie made a attack on Can Tho we lost 3 in the attack there loses was 6 i will take that any day keep a eye on that city.Week 43 Beggining attack on Hoi An was successful lost 1 NVA unit Hoi An is now ours.Sending troops south to Quia Nonh for my next target.No air strikes this round.but we did lose 1 VP location.Week 44 Moved troops just south of Dak To preparing for a assault on Kontum for the next person.Qui Nonh captured 1 lose by us destroyed 1 ship in port.sent next wave of troops south to Tuy Hoa for the next person.sorry for delay real life slapped me.:lol:Well it wont let me upload save more then 500kb now what.? give me whoevers next i will email it.http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7099/week441965fv2.jpg Green Arrows citys I conqured Red is cities to setup to attack next.http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/99973/Ho_Chi_Minh_of_the_North_Vietnamese_Week_44_1965_AD.SAVhere it is week 44 sorry only way i could figure to do it since it wouldnt let me do it the normal way. I warned you i was forum challenged. this is the only way i could figure how to do it in the edit part. my whole day has gone this way.

actually his save is there already

hit a 48 hour crisis at work.
still there. with a few more hours to go.

so needless to say, wont be able to play today, and most likely not tomorrow.

care to extend my lease on life till tuesday?

im really :shame: :blush:
seems i have only played 1 turn.

ho chi min Week 44, 1965

pre IBT-
fire loads of governors. keep most builds.
most taxmen go, replaced by civil heads. the future is not innumber crunching, but in building things.
rush a few troops, as id like to get more down under. gosh do we have resistance issues :groucho:
dunno what we made before, but its now at a low of 2044gpt.
we have also just reached our unit support limit :D 448 unit/447 allowed.

IBT- some naval shelling. knock a plane down, push a few crazy yanks into spike pits. nothing much really.

1-
Noa Bin NVA rifle > same
Ba Thuk NVA rifle > same
Hue City fishery > re-ed camp.
Khe San NVA rifle > same
Ben Quang market > NVA rifle
Cu Hoe coal mine > NVA rifle
Ha Tinh NVA rifle > same
Hong Linh DRVN School > NVA rifle
Son Linh Coal > NVA rifle
Than Hoa rice paddy > NVA rifle
Nan Binh Hvy Wep > Hvy Wep
Tien Ven ??? > NVAF mig17
Lai Chu poliburo > NVA rifle
Ca Mau > Prov Gov Post > NVA rifle
Tung Dung Coffee > NVA rifle
BA608 75mm gun > same
BA606 Medic supplies depot > NVA rifle
BA610 75mm gun > same
BA617 Hvy Wep > same
BA618 75mm gun > same
BA619 Nva Rifle > same
BA621 75mm gun > same
A Ro proGov Post > NVA rifle
Phu Bai proGov Post > NVA rifle
Quang Tri City NVA rifle > same

move new troops to 2 locations:
Thach Tru (North,on the sea)
Long Xuien (deep south, for a push on saigon)

hold on a few assaults due to unfamiliarity with terrain.
missclick a stack, and lose 3 grunts.

save is over size limit, so Emailed to myself, and will forward if requested.
will finish this tomorrow.

SW I uploaded to CFC's server. I think that should be ok in this instance.

managed one more turn.
that can be found HERE

nothing much happened.

IBT- a camp near BA605 loses 1 NVA rifle to the yanks 8 grunts,

2-
various builds, mostly units (Duh!)
seems that we spawned 30+ NVA rifles, etc.
move the lil boogers to my proposed staging points.

we have the troops now, maybe one more turn till the laggards arrive.

plan was to strike in the next turn, or one after that.
we have SoDs that are quite large.
SV activity is almost nil.

i might be able to play tomorrow (thursday), but then again imight not.
so, with a heavy heart, ill pass this along.

ok...got it then

played 2 turns, we are making good progress, but attrition rate is pretty high, those tanks are very tough to beat and SV holed itself in...

save

Pre-Turn
things look so much different from last turnset already

IT some attacks along the trail, but nothing serious

1.wk 47 1965AD
since we got the cash, I safely steal SV plans to get a great overview of all troops there
all their cites are heavily defended
shell Tuy Hoa, lose 5 units but take the city

a very bloody battle follows at Kontum and we lose arond 10-15 units, but eventually take the city

we do better a Cao Lanh and lose around 5 units, take the city

IT Cao Lanh gets attacked by 3 units and we lose 2 times

2.wk 48 1965AD
steal plans ye again as long as we can easily afford that

attack very heavily defended Pleika, shell quite a bit but those tanks are a nightmare to crack
eventually take the city and now we have made great progress there, except for a few VP locations
take 2/4 of them

rest troops in the south

IT SV suicides 5 units at one of those mobile camps, weird

3.wk 49 1965AD
steal plans and find out that beyond the front towns, the SV defenses are pretty light
shell the 6 tanks in Ninh Hoa, lose 4 units, but take town

take My tho as well and we're at the gates of Saigon

IT we go 2:1 at Ninh Hoa
we get quite a few rifles auto produced and more gun batteries

4. wk 50 1965AD
take a radio tower at Nha Trang, redline 3 tanks, take them out and the city is ours
bring troops in position at Buon Ma Thout

IT SV suicide one unit

5.wk 51 1965AD
shell Buon Ma Thout, there are quite a few troops inside
we go 11-1 and the city is ours
investigate Cam Ran Bay, it has too many defenders inside, we need to divert the artillery to that city to have a chance
decide to take to VC locations first

Phouc Le has a mere 2 defenders inside, take the city
Vun Tau is the same, take it as well
Xuna Loc has 3 tanks and another unit inside, we don't have artilleries for support, need to wait

we have a settler whom I left alone for the next player

the remainder of South Vietnam

Very nice work Rat! It seems they're cornered and better bring in the helicopters to Saigon! I got it.

Preturn: Move some units towards Saigon and Cam Ranh Bay. We have enough arty to hit Cam Ranh Bay so investigate the city. There's 5 tanks and three infantry units in there. Lose about 5 VC but take the city and move
We're down to 9 more cities. It seems putting the governor on cities with resistance helped last turn so turn them on.

IT take out two attacking ARVN units. Get a barrage from their ships but only one plane.
Week 52, 1965 Steal plans.
Reveals 8 M113's and 13 ARVN holed up in Saigon with 2 howitzers and 2 C130s and a F8..
Da Lat has 1 M113, 2 ARVN and a Popular Front Rifle
Phan Rang has 2 M113s and 3 ARVN. This could lead to Bao Loc which has 1 M113 and a Popular Front.
Xuan Loc has 4 M113s, 2 ARVN and a Popular Front Rifle. This can lead to Phan Thiet which has 2 M113s

An Loc and Kein Duc have 1 M113 and a Popular Front.

Decide to hit Phan Rang first. Send in 14 arty pieces and cause massive damage. Take all 5 units without loss with 4 VC rifles and a NVA rifle.
Move to Da Lat using 9 arty pieces and again cause massive damage. Lose one unit but take 4 others with VCs.
Bao Loc only takes 5 arty pieces and we take the city with 1 VC and 1 NVA
Our arty misses the first 5 and it takes 12 arty pieces to knock the 2 M113's back. Phan Thiet falls with one NVA loss.
Kien Duc get 7 arty pieces and falls to two VC.
Xuan Loc gets attacked from the north and the south. We lose on VC unit and the north and the south have met. A great cheer goes up.
An Loc goes down easily.

IT get countered by two ARVN and they go down hard. Get battered from the sea.
Week 1, 1966 Investigate their last two cities and reveal this.
To Bien Hoa

Bien Hoa requires 36 arty units and we still take heavy losses losing 3 VC, 2 NVA and a sapper but the city goes down.
To Saigon

Saigon does not go easy as we use 46 arty units. Lose quite a few sappers and NVM.

There's no cities left so I presume we are victorious!
The Save

Top Bottom