El Mencey's 362x326 Earth Map, Customized for DYP RAR

I've never had this problem before. Its not "Marshland" it just uses the marshland graphic. So you can still build cities there. Though I've never had it "disappear" before...

Did you actually try to build a city there, or were you just assuming?

read the beginning of post #17 where i explain what happened. as to reasons i can only speculate but since i ended up doing a bunch of strange operations with the biq like importing rules from a clean RaR 1.04 extended beta where the worker job is set to clear wetlands and pollution effect to coast whereas in the map you provided it was originally none/plains, hence i think it was the worker job that caused the initial problema. ...no idea what you mean: you can build cities everywhere if you allow it in the settings... the civiliopedia entry is marsh.
now i've made a simple test after i've made the last changes i mentioned: i placed a ruins on the spot where i was about to found london and the ruins disappeared as expected so don't tell me the rules differ at first turn...
the names differ (on the clean it's marsh/natives - yours - ICLocation twice) but it is after all the same resource/TT.
btw i've noticed you marked all possible resources for ICL - darn, i gotta finally read those resource modding threads...
another possibility i'm taking into consideraation is that the save got screwed up by the save game editor
and BTW now that you're listening/reading can you explain why i can't go into certain resouces/units in the map cause the index # gets screwed

I love working with this map combined with this mod. It makes everything shine!

But, I'm having major difficulties with the techs. Specifically, the tech race goes insanely fast! I've doubled and in some cases tripled tech costs, and made the Dark Ages insanely hard to get through, but I still end up seeing leonardo's workshop being built around 900 a.d, and being able to build ocean-traversing ships by 1000 a.d. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom