Elodie's Purity Free Techs Slingshot

This one is top of the "most likely to be nerfed" list, imo. Actually looking at the recent Knowledge nerfs I really hope they aren't being done because of this ability.

Some of those knowledge nerfs were kind of needed. Networked Datalinks, Memeweb, Applied Aesthetics and Technoartisans were seriously strong. I don't understand the Creative Class nerf though, since its net positive health, as in after calculating negative health, it was weak before and will be weaker now (Needs Eudaimonia to be anything other than a virtue tax to reach Applied Aesthetics). Also the Technoartisans nerf was pretty hefty, I'm a bit worried 15% won't be enough to equal some of the other deep virtues.

Realistically speaking, I still cannot see FI getting more than 3 free techs in a game.
Even in MadDjinn's playthroughs, he can get pretty far in 250 turns but I don't think I ever saw him have more than 20-25 virtues. And they are harder and harder to obtain each time.
If the game ends in 100-150 more turns, how many more virtues one can have and what good will they do then, where everything that's needed for victory is already researched?

Moderator Action: Moved to Strategy & Tips

Realistically speaking, I still cannot see FI getting more than 3 free techs in a game.
Even in MadDjinn's playthroughs, he can get pretty far in 250 turns but I don't think I ever saw him have more than 20-25 virtues. And they are harder and harder to obtain each time.
If the game ends in 100-150 more turns, how many more virtues one can have and what good will they do then, where everything that's needed for victory is already researched?

Focusing on the Knowledge tree would get you more virtues and likely get that 3rd free tech way sooner than not going Knowledge.

The main difference is that I didn't 'push' culture a lot.

If you've got the satellites providing culture to all hexes with fully terrascaped yields, and some culture wonders, then you're going to get a lot more culture than I did.

Top Bottom