1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Embarassing Question...

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Amenhotep7, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Amenhotep7

Amenhotep7 Spartiate

How do you transport troops in Medieval: Total War? (Still play RTW and like it better, but MTW's a pretty close second, just so you know)

2. spycatcher34

spycatcher34 Emperor

I have no idea but I wanted to commend you for making an excellent thread title. It was a real attention grabber, out of all the new threads I saw I clicked on this one first. :p
    :mischief:

3. Syterion

Syterion Voodoo Economist

Do you mean across the sea or between provinces? If the latter, you pick up the group of units and move it to the other province. Most likely it is the former, so I'll explain that.

You must have a port at the province you start from, and an unbroken line of your ships to the province you want to attack. If there is a ship of a country you are at war with in one of the sea areas, it won't work. Then you move the troops directly to the province.

4. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

The point about enemy ships can be annoying if they have a faster ship that they move between two sea provinces consistantly so that you can never sink it and invade a particular province unitl you have some equivalent ships.

5. Amenhotep7

Amenhotep7 Spartiate

Good, good. But how exactly do you get the troops in the ships? Do you need a certain kind of ship? Will galleys or dromons or barques suffice?

6. Souron

Souron The Dark Lord

You need a harbor(or is it a port?) in the region you are moving them from, no enemy ships in the area of water you are moving them accross, and one of your ships in it.

When moving an army, any location it can move to will light up,including those over seas.

*special units do not move this way. they only require a harbor to move.

Hope that helps.

7. Syterion

Syterion Voodoo Economist

Any ship will do, and you don't get them in the ships, you simply place them in the province you want them in.