[R&F] Emergencies

bbbt

Deity
I know the dev streams have been mainly focused on the ages systems, but have we seen any more on these?

My impression from the info we have it'll be something like: you capture a holy site. All civs following that religion declare an emergency have 20 turns to recapture it from you, getting the equivalent of 'crusade' bonus in the time being. They success, they get a huge faith bonus. You succeed, you get control of the religion and are now it's de facto 'founder'.

Does this seem in line with the info we have (not the specifics but the general idea)? I'm a little concerned about them from an AI capability perspective, but I guess that's usually the case the game mechanics.

I agree with your impression on the general idea of the emergencies. I guess the emergencies would make a great topic for a third stream, since the loyalty system and dark/golden ages have been discussed in the first two streams, and the governor system has also been covered. Emergencies is the only major mechanic that is yet uncovered, am I right?

Im quite optimistic with the emergency system from the AI point of view. Emergencies sound like a concrete incentive for specific actions. It is much easier to program an AI which does well in such specific actions than an AI which performs well in a very unstructured environment, which the base game Civ is.

We don't have information on it yet, I presume we'll see an Emergency live stream in January once they come back.

So far live strteams only covered the general new concepts, and a deeper look into Ages.

I agree with your impression on the general idea of the emergencies. I guess the emergencies would make a great topic for a third stream, since the loyalty system and dark/golden ages have been discussed in the first two streams, and the governor system has also been covered. Emergencies is the only major mechanic that is yet uncovered, am I right?

There is still a lot to be revealed in the coming weeks. I imagine there is at least one or two more streams covering emergencies and the new alliance system.

There is still a lot to be revealed in the coming weeks. I imagine there is at least one or two more streams covering emergencies and the new alliance system.

Oh right, the alliances buff, that I forgot.

I could imagine they would do a late-game stream next time, because the alliances and emergencies are late game mechanics mostly. They could also cover the ferris wheel district in that stream.

Top Bottom