Emperor Challenge 6: Iroquois, Terra

nanomage

Longbowman
Hello friends!

This is the next installment of the EC series.
We will be playing as Hiawatha of the Iroquois, who possesses the ability to use forests as if they were roads. Only inside cultural borders, though. After the discovery of the wheel all these forests serve as traderoutes too. Remember about cultural borders and remember you can bind patches of forests with shots flights of roads to build a network. All in all, decent ability and an unusual one.
Our UU is Mohawk Warrior, swordman with +25% combat :c5strength: in forest/jungle and no iron requirement. Nothing spectacular, but still better than zero.
Our UB is the Longhouse, a 20 :c5production: cheaper workshop. Instead of workshops's +10% :c5production:, it offers +1 :c5production: per forest tile worked, which may be pretty powerful if you haven't chopped all your forests yet. Likely not, because they act as roads and traderoutes, remember?
So, looks like we are quite forest-centric. So are usually our starts, and here's one of them
Spoiler :

This one looks like a bit on the plain side, though.

This is Terra map, so expect it to be a little crammed. To make it somewhat distinguished from a smaller Pangaea, I've explicitly specified Kamehameha as one of our opponents. Still, I think a good and early push can win the map for you.
Good luck and have fun!

Attachments

• EC6.Hiawatha.6.0.Civ5Save
    657.3 KB · Views: 45
This was a pretty fun map. I got a turn 157 domination victory.
Spoiler :
I was aggressive from the beginning. I settled my first city on the river by uluru near Byzantium's capital. Then I got some more settlers and settled the silver east of my cap and the copper on a hill east of Byzantium's cap. After settling those cities, I made archers and upgraded as soon as a hit construction. Then I took out Byzantium easily. After that, I took out Austria, who took a little longer. Around this time I used the liberty GP for an engineer for NC. By the time I was done with her, I almost had xbows, so I attacked The Huns with xbows as soon as I got them, and they fell easily. Polynesia got the Great Wall, but a citadel countered that. Afterwards I had some mohawks upgraded into longswords, and the Inca and Russia were easy (The Huns already took the Aztecs' cap). The Inca fell to longswords and xbows, and Russia fell to muskets and xbows, their units were no match for muskets, they had composites and swords. This was the first time that I actually liked using the Iroquois. At the end I got the achievement for winning as them.
Spoiler :

@msawchuk: nice game, looks like the early push did it for you. I wonder if anyone gets bogged down to see Kamehameha to thrive in the new world.

Top Bottom