Empires of the East: Greco-Bactrians

Balam-Agab

God King
Hellenistic soldiers form the lands Alexander conquered in Bactra and Sogdiana, both as eastern satraps of the Seleucid Empire and as an independent kingdom.

More or less interchangeable with my Indo-Greeks.

Credits to Kinboat, utahjazz7, CamJH, Plotinus, Micaelus, Steph, and Moeniir.

Dowload

Amazing!

I love every last little one of these units. They really capture the mysterious feeling of the Greek kingdom of Bactria.

I am especially fond of the pikeman and the horse javelinman.

Very nice :clap: I love them! Just a little question Balam: shouldn't the thureos shield be a bit bigger ?

@edil: there wasn't a clear difference between Greeks and Macedonians at that time. Some greek authors called the Macedonians "mixo barbaroi" (half barbarians) but it was mostly because they feared Philippes would conquer them and become the despotic ruler of all the Greeks. Many historians say there was in fact two greek areas, one in the south with large cities, and one in the north with small villages, but they shared the same gods, the same beliefs, the same culture, the same language.

Thanks everyone.

That is some great material, the only request is to upload *.pcx files for archer (currently not included).

Thinks, it's been fixed.

I am especially fond of the pikeman and the horse javelinman.

The phalangite is one of my favourites too.

Very nice :clap: I love them! Just a little question Balam: shouldn't the thureos shield be a bit bigger ?

Perhaps, I wasn't going off the best sources. What size do you think is right?

Excellent - it's almost as if you know I've been working on my Indo-Greek scenario recently :D

Entirely coincidental :mischief:. I also have some Seleucids in the pipeline which might be useful...

Entirely coincidental :mischief:. I also have some Seleucids in the pipeline which might be useful...

Haha, wow - I wasn't going to be asking, but I was secretly praying!

Top Bottom