End of Game Scoring

goodbye_mr_bond

Ancient
Supporter
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I visited, but I just got back to the game recently, and I have a question that, as far as I know, isn't covered in the FAQ list:

What determines your final score (which is considerably higher than the one you get on the histograph before game ends)?

Do you get a different bonus based on which victory condition you employ? Does your potential final score decrease as the turns go by, even if your average score-per-turn keeps going up? Do your opponents' relative scores have a bearing on yours?

I'm really confused. Here's what happened:

I played a Regent game, and finished with a UN victory in...oh, AD 1200 or so. I ended up with 3500 or so points. But, when I continued from a previous save point and went on for more turns, building more stuff including 4 more wonders and ending by spaceship in the 1400's, my score ended up in the 3200's!

This, even though my power increased (I built a bunch of ICBMs and had well over 10,000 in the bank). The only things that seem to have changed are: one of my opp's grew stronger and was actually close in the space race; and, of course, time went by.

I was at peace with all, and hadn't gone to war since very early ancient times when i carved out my island continent for myself. I had neither added nor lost cities for thousands of years; just grown peacefully and steadily.

I guess I just don't get why the UN victory earlier would have been worth more, since an SS victory was harder work.

What gives?

GMB

im no expert, but the final score is afected by how quickly you finsish (+1 point for every turn you have spare when finsished, quicker the better) and you get a victory bonus as well. and of course, the level you won at multiplies the end score.

Farting Bob,

Your post counts pretty close to spam because the answer you gave does not come across as even close to correct and you have definately been here long enough to know where you could direct someone new to help them find an intelligent answer.

For game scoring issues, a player could refer to this excellent article by one of our most respected and knowledgeable players:

Maximizing Your Score - by SirPleb

For the record, the CivFanatics War Academy and Strategy articles contain many outstanding special topic articles the address specific issues like this. Less experienced players like Farting Bob would be well advised to develop the skill of finding and quoting from these great resources. It also demonstrates that you have done your basic homework on game basics if you can point other people to the source information that was provided instead of risking misquoting the information and creating unneccessary confusion.

In the process of locating and refering to the articles, some of the knowledge will probably even rub off on you and give you the ability to be a better player and to have more fun.

Thanks for the link, cracker :goodjob: ... and to farting bob too, for trying, I guess ;)

I'm not new, by the way; I just get confused by the chatter of 30,000 people :crazyeye: I actually used to post a lot, back when I could recognize all contributing members by name!

GMB

In broad, general, terms, what F-B said was *fairly* close:

The earlier you win, the higher your score bonus. (There is no victory bonus, though.) And the difficulty level has an associated multiplier.

SirPleb's article linked by cracker spells it out much more clearly, though. ;)

Top Bottom