End-Of-Turn crashing is getting annoying now

HiRezAudio

Prince
Windows 10 PC, last version of Civ6 on Steam with the full NFP.
It seems that since the last patch, I am getting a lot of crashes to desktop at end of turn.
Is this happening to anybody else?

This all seemed to begin when W10 did one of it's infamous 'enforced updates' that cannot be refused.
Current version of OS: Windows 10 Pro build 19043.1165
Civ6 version: last update released, All expansions & DLC

It is driving me mad.....please suggest anything that may help

Quite a few people have been having these issues, and no one is quite sure why.
The only thing I can suggest is to try disabling mods if you are using any.

The only mods being used are QoL - GUI tweaks etc. and that is all.
Not at all sure this has anything to do with it, but I will ask around in the Steam Workshop if this is related.
What wee need to do rather than a scattergun 'disable all mods' option is to find out from those who are having the problem to post the mods they are using - if any.
My guess it is the bloody Windows 10 update I was forced to install. I HATE this OS so much it is not funny

i do have end of turncrashes often, and use no mods i got and play all addons and NFP, but no fan content still it seems that this is connected with finishing a wonder, i notice, and yes it is very anoying, i posted several messages for a solution not ever an answer

i do have end of turncrashes often, and use no mods i got and play all addons and NFP, but no fan content still it seems that this is connected with finishing a wonder, i notice, and yes it is very anoying, i posted several messages for a solution not ever an answer
I wonder if it has to be me that creates the wonder? Probably not, as I don't have one built yet but so far at turn 123 I have had one 'stuck at the turn end', followed so far by 4 crashes to desktop now.

It is now at the point where the game is literally unplayable on Windows 10.
If the game does not freeze at the turn end it sticks, and after it has done either of these full crash to desktop is not far behind.
NO MODS - just official content.
FIX THIS, FIRAXIS!!!!

I get these end-of-turn crashes and can't see any common factor about them. They happened in Win10 and are still happening in Win11. They happen using Direct 11 and 12. They happen despite following tech advice to disable core 0 in the task manager affinity option. They happen whatever civ I play. In some sessions they don't happen at all, in others they happen on consecutive turns.
The crashes can be complete throw outs, or freezes, and I've long lost count of the number of times the game sends crash info to Microsoft.
For me these crashes are now just part of the playing experience. I save every turn, and have auto-save set for every turn - just in case I forget.
This is an abysmal state of affairs and a bad reflection on the developers.

I'm pretty sure these freezes occur directly after the city states and barbarians have had their turns. Whatever processing comes next causes the problem.
Microsoft must have millions of these reports and Firaxis must have been informed. They do not fix a fixable problem.
I suggest all Civ players vote with their wallets when the next gen comes out and refuse to buy.

I do have the same issue.
Almost 1290h into the game, and it is the first time I have this problem. I mean, 1st time since I played civ6 again and with Frontier Pass, and all options on (apocalypse mode, corporations, zombies, etc)-
I have zero doubt on my computer as it is the most powerful system currently possible that I could built. Nor issues with viruses, spyware/malware/rootkits/etc as my system is over-protected with genuine (and expensive) layers, as it has always been for decades now, and I am more than comfortable with the OS...

During my games, I have to call numerous times the Task Manager for killing CIv6 processes.

However, I have noticed that:
- the "end turn" freezing happens randomly. Ex. : If it happens at turn 600 (I always play marathon), and you reload then play again the turn 600, it goes well.
- most windows are still active. By instance, the end turn never stop, but you can call the menu (ESC), or a report. However, if you try to send a command, you are stuck
- I do use the autosave function, for each turn, and the last 100. When frozen at the end of a turn, if I kill civ6 then reload, I can find the autosave starting at the next turn. I mean: I see "turn 600" on top right of my screen before I have to kill civ6, and the saved game I can load, and play without problem, is 601.

I have the feeling that the autosave system might disrupt something in the background, and the software waits for a feedback for the end of a background task, this feedback is never sent back, and the system waits waits waits... like us.

Top Bottom