[PTW] Ending a War

timerover51

Deity
Does anyone know of a way to end a war? I am in one in a modified version of Test of Time (changed the map) with the Hungarians. Louis has already agreed to one peace treaty, which he broke the next turm by attacking me. Because I have the Ironclad set to "Blitz" , I am blowing his navy transports to bits, but the war continues. As I am not a fan of endless wars, is there a way to stop this, or do I just dump the game?

Would the Cross Platform Editor allow me to basically take Hungary out of the game?

If you mean @Quintillus' Editor, I'm not sure it works for PtW games, nor whether it actually allows editing a save from an ongoing game. There is certainly a savegame-editor utility somewhere in the Downloads database which allows that kind of change to be made (IIRC, it's used by the PtW GotM-designers); however, I don't know if it's Mac-compatible (if you're still playing on a Mac?).

Failing that, if you can take a town or two, that's usually enough to force a Civ3-AI to the negotiating table. Though I have formed the impression that there's a hardcoded period of around 4-5 turns after the outbreak of hostilities, during which all diplomatic overtures will be automatically rejected.

I guess that I should have indicated that I am presently playing on a Windows laptop. I need to check what version of Windows it is running, but it is a pretty old version. I will have to look up that download that you mentioned.

With respect to Hungary, I have taken two cities, and may go ahead and take a couple more, but as I said, endless wars are not something I am a fan of. I play to relax and have fun, not beat my head against a computer wall.

I will have to look up that download that you mentioned.
I should really have done that myself already, sorry!

But I looked at some potential threads in the GotM forum just now, and didn't see any obvious links to the savegame editor (or indeed, any mention of it). And when I searched for "Savegame Editor" in the Civ3 downloads section, all the hits I got seemed to be for Vanilla, and/or well out of date.

I'm pretty sure Lanzelot (Moderator, and avid GotM-player) has the utility though, so you might want to try PM-ing him directly (or Più Freddo, who designs a lot of the games).

Gramphos' C3MT (Civ3MultiTool) has a savegame modifier included. I've never used it on PTW-saves, but I believe it should be able to deal with these files as well (You might have to save games in uncompressed format, if I remeber correctly). Hope this helps.

Gramphos' C3MT (Civ3MultiTool) has a savegame modifier included. I've never used it on PTW-saves, but I believe it should be able to deal with these files as well (You might have to save games in uncompressed format, if I remeber correctly). Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for the link. I will try it out and see if it works.

Top Bottom