• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Enemy troops in same square as mine during war?

Willgar

Prince
In my current game, i am currently at war with the clan. But a stack of clan troops (4xchampions) have just moved into and are sharing a square with a stack of my troops :confused: They are greyed out like invisible but they dont have have that upgrade listed, the clan is also ashen veil - i amsume this is a bug but i cant see it listed on the bug page.

Any idea, what is going on?

have you built the nox noctis? this makes all your units invisible when within your own borders.

ahhh - cheers, i didnt build it but i did just capture it two turns ago - how do i turn off this annoying invisibility? (I had a stack in a fort at a choke point and the eneny just walked straight through it)

this is not a good 'feature' :( - the clan are now pillaging my lands and troops that i station on guard duty at key resources are useless - How/Why is this invisibility a benefit to me when playing against the AI?

the nox noctis requires you to keep a mobile defence, true, but it fits in perfectly with their backstabbing status. No need to keep workers protected near borders is a nice help though

Whether or not your units are invisible, if they're intent on pillage your lands you're going to have to take the fight to them. Just attack them. If they're on the same square as you, move off, then move back. You should have roads, so this shouldn't be a problem.

yeah the nicest thing about the nox noctis is that you no longer have to worry about your units being isolated and destroyed outside of your cities.

this is not a good 'feature' :( - the clan are now pillaging my lands and troops that i station on guard duty at key resources are useless - How/Why is this invisibility a benefit to me when playing against the AI?

Oh, it's a huge benefit in terms of not getting your stack whacked with catapults, among other things. It's just a considerable pain in the butt on defense; if some sort of workaround to let people defend things with invisible units can be found it'd be great.

how about a spell that would make your units visible/invisible, only castable within your borders, granted by the nox noctis?

I'd actually rather not have this invisibility. You can't make use of your defensive units inside your borders except in cities. If your fighting against it, there's nothing you can do exept beeline for the cities and hope there isn't a stack of doom waiting for you along the way. Mages with maelstrom and priests with ring of fire can help keep things at least a little damaged if they're close, but that's about it.
Either there needs to be some counter to the invisibility or the bonus just needs to be reworked. Just my 2 cents...

The invisibility is great! You don't need to make use of defensive units inside your borders. You can cripple a stack of doom before it gets to your cities with harassing attacks without fear of a counterattack.

Whether or not your units are invisible, if they're intent on pillage your lands you're going to have to take the fight to them. Just attack them. If they're on the same square as you, move off, then move back. You should have roads, so this shouldn't be a problem.

My archers, on ancient forest, on a hill with full fortify are pretty decent. But considering i have no Iron and most of my offensive troops are swordsman, counter attack is not a viable option. Especially as the enemy are mostly champion with Iron in ancient forest.

In my opinion, this is not a well implemented "benefit". I am very tempted to just gift away the city with the Nox Noxis

No, apparently nothing can reveal the invisibility granted by the Nox Noctis.

Personally I think that the invisibility and counter invisibility effects of Nox Noctis and Dies Diei should only apply while you have the proper state religion. There should be some way to counter it too, probably limited to rivals of the opposite religion.

(Letting archers have ranged attacks as I have done, would probably really help your counter attacks.)

Given the way that it works now, it actually seems better NOT to have nox noctis, or at least for you the player.

Initially it sounds cool, but not bieng able to defend sucks.

My archers, on ancient forest, on a hill with full fortify are pretty decent. But considering i have no Iron and most of my offensive troops are swordsman, counter attack is not a viable option. Especially as the enemy are mostly champion with Iron in ancient forest.

In my opinion, this is not a well implemented "benefit". I am very tempted to just gift away the city with the Nox Noxis

If the AI has any intelligence at all, wouldn't it still just avoid your exceptionally defended archers and still just pillage the surrounding tiles, whether or not your archers are invisible?

If the AI did decide to attack them, I'd say that's a behavior that Kael might want to fix. No human player would.

That said, I think it's been established that followers of the Council of Esus need a bonus. Maybe if CoE is your state religion, your units could have an "Ambush" spell. If they start their turn while occupying the same square as an enemy unit, they can cast the spell, removing all terrain and fortification bonuses from the unit for one turn. Would turn this possible annoyance into a perk.

Yeah, no. It's so rediculously powerful to have it that it is almost dumbfounding. You can attack the enemy, outside of cities, and they will *never* attack back. Once you get used to it, it all starts making sense. Invisible catapults that can retreat, and not get counter attacked? *awesome*. Assassin's wack a unit, and then don't immediately die? Great!

Yeah, no. It's so rediculously powerful to have it that it is almost dumbfounding. You can attack the enemy, outside of cities, and they will *never* attack back. Once you get used to it, it all starts making sense. Invisible catapults that can retreat, and not get counter attacked? *awesome*. Assassin's wack a unit, and then don't immediately die? Great!

Having played through this game (just gone past turn 400) and i have to agree that Nox Noxis is a powerfull trait. My intial annoyance was because i had setup a well thought out static defence using choke points, mountain ranges, forts etc. As i am playing as the Ljosalfar with many archers and sadly no catapults - my long term strategy was not a conquest victory. Instead, my aim was to expand and gain a economic lead, defend my borders, grab a few vassals and either edge a cultural or altar victory. Any wars would be defend and high mobility raiding to cripple the economy of any would be aggressor.

I would make one suggestion, could the Nox Noxis turn off for units that have the full fortfy bonus or that are stationed in a fort? This would solve the all of the issues but potentially might make it a little too powerfull.

I am starting to think that this limititaion is actually a "Working as intended" because otherwise it would be a bit too overpowered....

Top Bottom