Epic Wars

Degenx2

Chieftain
Don't you guys just love it when a bunch of defensive pacts and friendships drag half the world into a complicated cluster**** of a war?

I just played a 11-civ match, and I was aiming for a culture victory, I got my first city to legendary well ahead of time, but 2 civs caught on and declared on me, then a few defensive pacts that I had on activated, and the enemy bribed some civs into war against us.

In the end the game was split into a 4v3 with 2 of the other 4 just randomly declaring war on anybody for any reason. I ended up being ganged up on by 3 enemies and lost half my cities before I was rescued and I was pretty much crushed from there. One of the civs I had a defensive pact with ended up winning the culture victory -_-, how ironic.

Share with me some of your epic wars.

When the AI messes up diplomacy it can indeed lead to some crazy wars, always like it when that happens.

My last game I was surrounded by Sitting Bull, Washington, and Boudica, and spread my religion early to all three of them to create good relations and a buffer zone for the many, crazy civs beyond their borders - Monty, Shaka, Catherine, Tokugawa, and Mehmed. All of them shared a religion, too. Boudica and Sitting Bull were pleased with me, but dared not enter into any wars so when Washington got declared, he was pounded into oblivion by all five rival civs and I finally stepped in to save him at his very last city. I fought back to reclaim some of his lands, using natural buffers and Sitting Bull & Boudica to keep the fight in American lands, and then Washington became my vassal.

Not much later, Boudica decides to backstab Sitting Bull while at the same time, Shaka and Monty went berserk on Catherine! From there on, everyone was fighting everyone and most civs were another's vassal at some point, only to shift and become masters a little later. Washington stayed loyal to me though, and the game ended with Catherine also joining as my vassal, and the three of us beating Sitting Bull into a coma because we got fed up with his espionage.

On the other side of the world, the remaining civs realised what a freak-team Monty and Shaka were, so they beat them up pretty badly and I got a space race victory just before Shaka was wiped out.

Top Bottom