1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Error parsing XML File - End tag 'TEXT' does not match the start, and other issues.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by ZhangKhaiEn, Sep 25, 2007.

1. ZhangKhaiEn

ZhangKhaiEn Chieftain

I'm running Vista Premium 32-bit and have installed the main game, warlords, and beyond the sword.

Summary:

I get six xml errors during startup. The problems are centered around three files. All can be found under the xml\text\ directory.
    1. civ4gametext_bts_fourthroundtranslation.xml
    2. civ4gametext_cities_bts.xml
    3. civ4gametext_warlords_objects.xml

So I'm requesting those three XML files from the kind souls here in civfanatics. Please help out this chap solve this issue. D:

Explanation:

The game runs fine, no problem. Graphics are fine. Sound is fine. Gameplay is also fine. The problem lies with the ingame text; some of the text gets replaced with: TXT_KEY_[stuff, depends on context].

That's about it. I'm guessing I just need to replace the broken files with working ones. So please. Help, anyone?

Much, much, much appreciated!

Here are the errors I receive:

First error:

Second error:

Third error:

Fourth Error:

Fifth error:

Sixth Error: