Error when Playing

disturbed1

Chieftain
Every time I attempt to play *any* maps or games on RoM I get an error that reads:

"Runtime error!

Program: ...er's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

How would I go about fixing this?

EDIT: I find that I get this error on any map size that is huge or higher, and it only seems to work on the Arboria map type.

Attachments

• error!.jpg
    error!.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 171
WOW, talk about duplicate posts! sorry everyone, the web was flaking out on me and it posted 6 times!

I'm getting the same now. I just reinstalled all of Civ4, patches, and then ROM2.5Megapack. None of the ROM map scripts will with with huge or higer. All give the C++ runtime error. I even installed and used 7-zip to unpack.

Large size works no problem, but huge or higher gives the C++ runtime error during map creation.

Every time I attempt to play *any* maps or games on RoM I get an error that reads:

"Runtime error!

Program: ...er's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

How would I go about fixing this?

EDIT: I find that I get this error on any map size that is huge or higher, and it only seems to work on the Arboria map type.

I got exactly the same error. Sorry if a solution has been posted i cannot find one. :(

Would be nice to know if someone has actually noticed this in the team that made RoM yet. The old mod i played before was brilliant :goodjob: and its really pissing me off that the new one doesnt work for some sneaky reason.

Would be nice to know if someone has actually noticed this in the team that made RoM yet. The old mod i played before was brilliant :goodjob: and its really pissing me off that the new one doesnt work for some sneaky reason.
I've noticed and read this thread. There's not much that I can do (yes, I'm "the team" ie. there's just me making this mod) as on those crashes the game usually doesn't record anything to log files so these errors are hard to track down. I haven't made the DLL file that the mod uses, it's made by other modders so I don't have the tools or knowledge how to debug DLL files. But I'll try to include newer DLL to next RoM version once other mods have been updated - for example Better BtS AI is now at v0.5 and there has been many fixes to the version 0.45 which is included in RoM.

Also about mapscripts: I've said in couple other threads that some mapscripts do not work on Giant or Gigantic map sizes due to DLL limitation (it doesn't have new world sizes). Some mapscripts do not know how to place Marsh terrain and there's not much that I can do about since my knowledge about python programming is rather limited and those mapscripts can be very complex. However there are included mapscript like RoM_Smartmap which has numerous settings and that script does work on all world sizes. Do not use any default or any other mapscripts that aren't converted to RoM settings. All map scripts that should work are named with RoM_ prefix.

I've noticed and read this thread. There's not much that I can do (yes, I'm "the team" ie. there's just me making this mod) as on those crashes the game usually doesn't record anything to log files so these errors are hard to track down. I haven't made the DLL file that the mod uses, it's made by other modders so I don't have the tools or knowledge how to debug DLL files. But I'll try to include newer DLL to next RoM version once other mods have been updated - for example Better BtS AI is now at v0.5 and there has been many fixes to the version 0.45 which is included in RoM.

Also about mapscripts: I've said in couple other threads that some mapscripts do not work on Giant or Gigantic map sizes due to DLL limitation (it doesn't have new world sizes). Some mapscripts do not know how to place Marsh terrain and there's not much that I can do about since my knowledge about python programming is rather limited and those mapscripts can be very complex. However there are included mapscript like RoM_Smartmap which has numerous settings and that script does work on all world sizes. Do not use any default or any other mapscripts that aren't converted to RoM settings. All map scripts that should work are named with RoM_ prefix.

Thanks for the reply! :goodjob:

So thats the problem. Im sure i chose RoM Big_and_Small though... hmm... I can try some others. Really annoying if that script didnt work, I almost always choose that one.

Thanks for the reply! :goodjob:

So thats the problem. Im sure i chose RoM Big_and_Small though... hmm... I can try some others. Really annoying if that script didnt work, I almost always choose that one.

No, I still get the error no matter what map I play.

So do I...
I get the same error measagge on any map i use...
But in the begining, I was able to play on smaller sizes, but after two games, no map will work...
I realy want to get this fixed, because this is the best mod ever!!! All I ever dreamd of, because iz adds so much deep and complexety..
Anyways i eprishiate your help.
JanK

Findus, JanK,

I had this peoblem once before too. I got it resolved, but it's a bit of trial and error procedure.

The reason is that it's not the Mods problem but your computer settings problem.

And even the process I used I'm still not clear which step or part cleared it up.

I use Win XP Pro as my OS. I recently added a better video card. Even though it was brand new I ended up having to install updated driers for it. I also tried the "/3GB switch" even though I have only 1.5 GB of ram. I eventually removed the /3GB switch.

I also went into My Computer/Properties/Advanced Tab/Performance and clicked the Advanced button. There I unchecked the "Let windows choose..." button and checked Custom button. This brings up a list of options for visual.

I only check 4 boxes:
1st one checked was Show shadows under menus
2nd was Show windows content while dragging
3rd was Smooth edges of screen fonts
4th was Use visual styles on windows and buttons

Since doing all this (and I'm not sure which one was the "fixer") I do not have the "error msg" anymore and can play RoM2.52 w/o Megapack on huge maps with no problems. Even choppy scrolling over the Main screen stopped.

My computer is considered ancient by many players as it is only a 2.4 gb Single core PIV with 1.5gb 400mhz ddr ram on an Asus MoBo P4P800 SE. The vid card is an ATI Sapphire X1650 Pro with 512 on board vid ram.

I play RoM almost everyday. (And I stick my nose into zappara's business probably too much.) I Greatly enjoy his Mod/Compilation (with a few exceptions, but that's another discussion).

I hope that you can find something of use out of this post.

JosEPh :)

Nope, didnt work for me. Im running vista though.

I did create one of these logs. This is what it said:

[Jan 25, 2009 - 01:52:28] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

Unexpected "." seems to point to something wrong somewhere in the programming code. Maybe it shouldve been , or : . I really have no idea about what im talking about though.

Maybe some integrated mod doesnt work in Civs bought on steam? Seems unlikely though.

RoM doesn't affect Civ 4 theme at all since those files are located elsewhere ie. themes are not in mod folders. There has been reports of mods not working correctly on Steam version of Civ4.

I spent some 10 hours this week on fixing the map scripts and now all of them work correctly on Giant and Gigantic map sizes - these did cause those C++ faults when launching new game and you had chosen those map sizes. I tested each map script on Giant size during the fix process. The fixed mapscripts are included in the Extra civ addon pack patch 1.4 (ie. the patch for megapack) which I'll try to upload today or during weekend in case I run into network problems today...

hi guys.

sorry for my bad english (i'm italian)
i've a problem with this mod.
can you help me zappara?

i've installed the mod as planned in the readme file.
but, after many minutes of gaming, the game crashes with this error:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2184/civilization4errorehj5.jpg

after the crash, i reload all the game and the mod.
i play minutes of game again, and then, without any reason, it crashes again, but not in the same time before it.

So i did this, i'll save on each turn.
but.. when i often save, it crashes in the same time i'm saving!!!
and i lose all my progresses! T_T

T__T
i wanna play with this mod!!
i really like it so much T.T

@hitoshi86

What kind of computer specs do you have? Especially the amount of RAM is important for running Rise of Mankind without those errors. Also video card's VIDEO RAM should be 512MB.

Asus z53S:
Intel Centrino Core2 Duo T7100
nVidia GeForce 8600m GS 256 MB
Ram 2 GB

Windows Vista (--> -___-'')

so.. i could not play with this mod becaus my videocard isn't enough powerfull? T_T

so.. i could not play with this mod becaus my videocard isn't enough powerfull? T_T
Yea, I get those same errors in late game with 256MB video card.

Top Bottom