Est Europa nunc unita...

Imperator Knoedel

Simperator Knoedel

Link to video.

...et unita maneat;
una in servitudine
gloriam Caesaris augeat!

Spoiler :

People of Europa, rejoice! For your lord and master, the successor of Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, Napoleon, and Victoria, offspring of the father of Europa, vanquisher of the Benelux terrorists, liberator of Algeria, the first man since Genghis Khan to conquer all of Russia and actually keep it for longer than five minutes, the one, the only, His Excellency, the Czar of Europa, deigns to address his subjects!

Lay down your work, stop eating, get up from bed, interrupt whatever you are doing, for everything you could possibly be busy with can't compare to the honor of an audience with His Excellency!

Turn your attention to the nearest holoscreen in five, four, three, two, one...

Spoiler :

Salvete, my dear beloved subjects! It's me, His Excellency... Your Excellency? My Excellency? You know what I mean! You might remember me from such public service broadcasts as 'The President is dead, long live the Czar' and 'This is what happens to rebel scum'. Also my face is on your money, on banners hanging from every other building and of course the obligatory portrait of me in your living- and/or bedroom. You might wonder what you did to deserve this honor of a public address, considering I am a very busy man, constantly annexing new territory for Europa and all.

Well, the thing is, I kinda ran out of land to conquer. Shocker, right? Seriously though, look at a map: Every scrap of land worth taking now either belongs to yours truly or one of the other three superpowers that would actually put up a fair fight if I tried to invade them. Not that I'm scared or anything, I could conquer any of those losers if I really wanted, but for now it would just be more trouble than it's worth.

Thus I've decided to turn my attention inward for now, and restructure my holdings so Europa doesn't go the way of Alexander's empire. And that, my dear beloved subjects, is where you come in!

Turns out actually governing people is harder than just conquering them, and I really can't stand red tape, so now I am looking for people to do all the bureaucratic work for me while I figure out a way to launch another war of conquest. Proconsuls, if you will.

Really, all you need to do is apply to the nearest house of order and tell my subordinates why you think you would be qualified to rule over millions of people in my stead! You may also request control over a certain province, and I'll see what I can do.

But before you do that, let me give you a breakdown of what you are getting yourself into, the state of the empire if you will:

Spoiler :

Europa, the beautiful! From Spain to Siberia, from Algeria to the Arctic, it is destined to become the greatest empire of all time!

Unfortunately however, we are not alone on Earth. One would think after the collapse of the One World Government the rest of the world would be easy pickings for a well organized army such as the one I led, but no, these jerks had to go and form their own superpowers as well. Copycats. Anyhow, let me tell you a bit about our neighbors:

Spoiler :

To the west, the insolent rebel scum that dared defy the order of the English government three centuries ago, has been constantly meddling in European affairs, and in a cruel twist of fate recently actually managed to subjugate the British isles, America Incorporated. They also own that prisoner island with killer animals on the other side of the world, whatever it's called.

Spoiler :

To the south, the very creatively named Southern Empire, held together against all odds by the even more creatively named 'Lady', encompassing South America, Africa, the Middle East and most of India. I'll give this ragtag alliance of savages a week until it collapses.

Spoiler :

And finally, to the east, the Democratic Glorious People's Cooperative Collaberation Commune of who cares, led by Kim Jing Un Sul Sing Sang Chung Ping Pong whatever. North Korea on crack and with two billion people, and some folks wonder why I stopped my conquest at their border. They are even rumored to somehow got a hold of nukes, like, what am I supposed to do about that?

Spoiler :

I suppose our neighbors might have some stuff we could trade before we inevitably conquer them, someone should look into that.

Spoiler :

Technology and research might be the key to breaking the current stalemate...

Spoiler :

Government... oh yes, government! Guess I should reform that sometime. Some votes now and then to give the peasants the illusion of participation, nationalistic posturing, perhaps Slavery to actually get stuff done in a reasonable timeframe... I am on the fence though about religion and even more about economy. Planning or Market? Dunno, vote about it or something, I don't care.

Spoiler :

The mighty Europan military... is apparently smaller than I thought it was. Huh, guess throwing wave after wave of your own men at the enemy until he runs out of ammo really does lead to high casualties. Who knew. Also we really need some cheap labor.

Now then, into the nitty gritty, let's take a closer look at the beautiful and varied lands that I control:

Spoiler :

The western Mediterranean. Everyone in the world knows of Paris, which by the way is home to the most prestigious universities in my empire, and Rome! Also there's Spain and Algeria which I yoinked right under the Lady's nose.

Spoiler :

The eastern Mediterranean. Lots of ancient wonders built by the Greek civilization. Greece proper has a world famous military tradition and lots of loyal subjects which would go die in my name in a heartbeat.

Spoiler :

Scandinavia. Welfare an' stuff. Germany is a goldmine and a military powerhouse. In Stockholm is the headquarters of the Red Cross, which keeps my soldiers alive so they can die another day after taking even more enemies with them.

Spoiler :

Russia. The newest addition to my empire, I made it clear right away who is in charge by making myself at home in the Kremlin. Real cozy they have it here, if a bit cold when I step outside. I gather only the finest minds in my court, and even had a book written about how awesome I am here. Yekaterinburg is absurdly productive.

Spoiler :

Finally, Siberia. It's, eh, I guess a good place to send people I don't like? Lots of wild nature that still needs to be tamed.

Aaaaaaaand that's it for now. Send your application if you want to become proconsul or whatever, and for everyone with the right to vote, you may decide over what kind of economy this empire is to run from now on and how to deal with religion in the upcoming vote next week.

So long, all hail me, stay loyal, and now back to work!

This has been a Public Service Announcement by the Europan Government.

Spoiler :

This is one of those interactive stories, like that Democratic Caliphate, except this one won't die. (hopefully) :lol:

This is the Next War mod that came with BtS, except I made some minor adjustments to the scenario, like changing starting era from Ancient to Renaissance, enabling all victories etc. I didn't touch any cities or units though, for the bad city placement I am not to blame. :p

Anyhow, first of all I want to know how many people would be willing to become governors/proconsuls/whatever. That is you get to control a number of cities and units and tell me what to do with them every few turns. If you think that sounds like fun, just say so, and optionally which area you would like, and depending on how many people want to commit to this I will assign provinces.

Even if you don't want to burden yourself with such a responsibility and just read about the glorious future of Europe, you can still vote about certain things, like now for example about whether or not Europa shall commit to Capitalism or a planned economy. If you choose the former this will probably mean Free Market, but I might also switch to Mercantilism or Environmentalism, really anything that allows corporations, while the second option will lock Europa into State Property. I want to get this out of the way right now so the AIs won't beat us to any corporation we want.

The other civic option you get to choose is Religion. If we switch out of Free Religion I will adopt Christianity as state religion.

As for the rest, there are some very simple rules:

Government
Representation is the default civic that will be run whenever none of the below conditions apply.
Universal Suffrage will be run during Golden Ages.
Police State will be run outside of Golden Ages when His Excellency (that means me) decrees martial law, which depends entirely on my judgement. I can already tell you though that this will probably never happen unless we get absolutely horrendous war weariness everywhere.

Legal
Free Speech during Golden Ages, Nationhood outside Golden Ages, end of story.

Labor
Serfdom or Emancipation according to our needs in Golden Ages, Slavery or Emancipation depending on happiness outside of Golden Ages.

If you want to vote about economy, post Capitalism (optionally in brackets Free Market, Mercantilism or Environmentalism, though Free Market is presumed as the default) or State Property, in bold.

The same goes for religion, post Free Religion, Organized Religion, Theocracy or Pacifism in bold to vote. Optionally put in brackets the state religion you would wish to run if you vote for anything but Free Religion, Christianity will be assumed as default.

Should Cristo Redentor be captured every rule about civics will be thrown out of the window and we'll figure out something new.

The sliders will be 50% Gold and 50% Research unless an overwhelming majority demands a different ratio or in states of emergency.

All currently existing units belong to His Excellency and obey him alone. All units built from now on belong to the governor of its province, except for Settlers, which will be used at the discretion of the Czar.

I will assign each province a budget each term, which its governor can spend however they see fit, whether by chipping in for trade, rushbuying when running Universal Suffrage or whatever. You can earn more money by "selling" units to the Czar (Settlers will be the most obvious candidate here) and fulfilling quests. If we go for Capitalism, one of the first quests will definitely be the birth of a Great Merchant for a food corporation. Great People also belong to His Excellency from birth, but similar to settlers you will be receiving a lump sum of gold for popping them. I'll think about the details later.

Some useful notes in general:

We have extended Golden Ages thanks to the Mausoleum of Mausollos.
We can whip or rushbuy cheaper thanks to the Kremlin.
America Inc. has the Internet.
Asia has the world's only nuke right now.
All holy cities and shrines are in Southern or Asian territory.
Unique to this mod, launching too many nukes results in the destruction of the world. Thus rushing the New League of Nations and trying to pass a ban on nuclear weapons as fast as possible might be advisable lest the silly AI kills us all. :nuke:

Any questions?

Ansgar Rasputin would like to volunteer his services to the great Europa empire. As a former soldier who was wounded in action by a hedgehog while taking a stroll he is a true European hero. Ansgar Rasputin is also a graduate of a school in Paris and is familiar with the academic environment, he has a masters degree in psychology and two undergraduate degrees in international relations and philosophy. After his military service Ansgar joined the diplomatic corps under which he traveled the world until he was injured in the American city of Washington by an assassination attempt on the ambassador's life. When he was recalled to Moscow for medical reasons he left the diplomatic corps and came here. Ansgar is sure that his qualifications will make him perfect for the job. In order to keep up with his life of excitement Ansgar has requested that he be granted control over the frontiers of the empire; Madrid, Algiers, Rome, Athens and Istanbul. This would allow Ansgar to continue defending the empire from external threats and to keep the people of Europa safe.

OOC: This ought to be interesting. I'll keep an eye on it.

Your Excelency,I, Adalbert Aeschelman, would like to commit my life to the Great Europa empire. Once known as Amir Dahouk, I was born one tile north of Jerusalem. The Lady was once my idol, until I discovered that she was, in fact, a Lady! How shocking, wouldn't you agree? Anyways, I decided to live in the Great Europa, so I (Legally, I swear!) Immigrated to Istambul. People started to notice my incredible strategic tactics from playing a game called Civ, so I went to Paris and studied there. 3 years later, I graduated with a P.H.D. In empire management and explosion causing, so I went to Berlin looking for another chance at life. That was when I changed my name, and that was when imet you, your Excelency. I saw you proudly riding your tank, ordering your soldiers to move forward. I was in awe, how can a person this majestic and strong exist! So, your Excelency, I ask you to appoint me as mayor of Berlin, St. Petersburg and Stockholm. It would be such an honor if you accept my request.

I think we should run State Proprety, I mean, we want more land, right? And I suggest our first plan of action is to build an army and attack Jerusalem and Riyadh. The lady will be mad at us, but the money generated from these shrines will be more than enough to make up for it.

OOC
Spoiler :
-I'm sorry if my English is bad, I'm only 14 and it's my 3rd language
-I was just joking about the women part, I have nothing against women's rights
-I actually immigrated illegally
-This will be my first participation is S&T, this ought to be fun!

Your Excelency,I, Adalbert Aeschelman, would like to commit my life to the Great Europa empire. Once known as Amir Dahouk, I was born one tile north of Jerusalem. The Lady was once my idol, until I discovered that she was, in fact, a Lady! How shocking, wouldn't you agree? Anyways, I decided to live in the Great Europa, so I (Legally, I swear!) Immigrated to Istambul. People started to notice my incredible strategic tactics from playing a game called Civ, so I went to Paris and studied there. 3 years later, I graduated with a P.H.D. In empire management and explosion causing, so I went to Berlin looking for another chance at life. That was when I changed my name, and that was when imet you, your Excelency. I saw you proudly riding your tank, ordering your soldiers to move forward. I was in awe, how can a person this majestic and strong exist! So, your Excelency, I ask you to appoint me as mayor of Berlin, St. Petersburg and Stockholm. It would be such an honor if you accept my request.

I think we should run State Proprety, I mean, we want more land, right? And I suggest our first plan of action is to build an army and attack Jerusalem and Riyadh. The lady will be mad at us, but the money generated from these shrines will be more than enough to make up for it.

OOC
Spoiler :
-I'm sorry if my English is bad, I'm only 14 and it's my 3rd language
-I was just joking about the women part, I have nothing against women's rights
-I actually immigrated illegally
-This will be my first participation is S&T, this ought to be fun!

Welcome aboard, rest assured that the Lady will get her comeuppance yet!

OOC
Three languages in fourteen years? :eek:
As far as His Excellency is concerned, he can never have enough servants, so immigration to Europa isn't illegal.

Europa has Versailles in Paris and the Forbidden Palace in Siberia, my thinking regarding corporations was that I wouldn't want to let those two wonders go to waste, but I will accept the wishes of the majority.

Paris also contains our Oxford University, hence the mention of it as a center of research and education.

Come to think of it, I once made a spreadsheet about which wonders are where for the Next War PBEM I played back then, maybe I can find it again.

... Sooooo... two people? And nobody else even voted about anything? That's... underwhelming. :sad:

I think these things always start off small. We're not a very big subforum to begin with and I think everybody's attention is being dragged in several directions with regards to IAARs.

Your most august Imperial Majesty, overlord of all Europa, I, Count Rudolf von Dogson, am your humble servant. It is my humble opinion that we should go down a Capitalist path. Wouldn't want to be like the godless reds, would we? Further, I believe that environmentalism is the way to go. As for religion, I believe that all religion should be free. Finally, while I respect the opinion of the learned Herr Aschelmann, it is my firm belief that we must, with all available haste, move to conq- liberate the British isles from those vile Americans. After all, can you imagine the indignity of having commoners in charge of rightful Europan land? Your humble servant,
Dogson

Hm, three people, I guess that's good enough for now. Hopefully more will join later, I do intend to settle a whole lot of cities to fill the map, not to mention our future conquests.

One vote for State Property and one for Environmentalism. Ansgar Rasputin, would you care to break the tie? Apparently we'll be running Free Religion by default for now. Then again, as far as religion is concerned I see now harm in switching it now and then during Golden Ages, so that point is less important. What really matters is State Property vs Capitalism, so we can work on popping the right great person right away if we choose the latter.

Anyway, assuming for the time being nobody else will join, what do you think about the following division of provinces:

Ansgar Rasputin gets the Mediterranean Province, consisting of Madrid, Algiers, Rome, Athens and Istanbul.

Adalbert Aeschelman gets the Scandinavian Province, consisting of Paris, Trondheim, Stockholm, Berlin and St. Petersburg.

Count Rudolf von Dogson gets the Russian Province, consisting of Odessa, Arkhangel'sk, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk and Krasnoyarsk.

Since we have 16 cities and three governors I decided to keep Moscow under the direct jurisdiction of His Excellency for now so everyone gets to control five cities. Depending on how many cities we settle/conquer and how many people join later this might still change down the line.

Finally, I want the economy civic debate solved before I commence with the first term. If Rasputin or someone else won't break the tie I shall judge in favor of Capitalism.

Ansgar Rasputin is a firm believer in the principals of capitalism. He is pleased with the idea of the Mediterranean Province as well as other divisions of power within the empire and would like to request that he be allowed to govern any cities that are gained in Asia Minor, the Levant and Maghreb.

Adalbert agrees on the use of capitalistic principles now, but when our empire expands significantly we shall become a worker's paradise

I'll lurk for now. :hide:

Alrighty then everybody, while my governors were being selected I was busy myself, travelling the world, negotiating open borders, handling the import of various resources and food so my people don't, you know, starve, the works.

Spoiler Trade Agreements :

From what I can gather we are apparently going to be capitalists, which suits me just fine.

You have all been appointed and given your positions by my finest subordinates, so I'll trust you won't manage to blow up the country while I'm gone. There's some savages in Siberia that still need civilizing, so I figure I might take this tank battalion that's only gathering dust to convince them of the superiority of Europan civilization. For now you will be briefed on the details of your governance by my lovely assistant Catherine Shapiro here. Goodbye.

Spoiler Brb Panzerfahren :

Thank you, your Excellency.

Now before I give you the scoop on your provinces, let's talk money:

Each of you has been granted a budget of 100 € for now. You may use this money to trade with other governors (e.g. you pay another governor to train a workboat or Worker for you), bribe them (e.g. to get them to vote like you), buy territory from them (tiles that are shared between your cities, currently there are only three coast tiles in the Black Sea contested between Rudolf's Odessa and Rasputin's Istanbul), upgrade a unit of yours (currently none of you have any units that belong to you) or fund projects in your province. (Only relevant while we are running Universal Suffrage.)

Now 100€ doesn't sound like much, and honestly, it isn't, but His Excellency suggested we take a page from video games, so for every term there will be one or several quests available, which will earn you money if you complete them. In addition you will be granted 1.000€ for every Great Person born in one of your cities, with the caveat that you get no control over them.

Enough money talk, here is the state of the empire:

We could theoretically establish a National Park, but His Excellency believes none of the current cities are good enough for it and will look into colonizing a nice spot in Siberia for that purpose. We could also establish a satellite defense system against nukes (SDI) or rebuild the United Nations, but His Excellency feels for the first term you should focus on basic infrastructure before undertaking such grand projects, so for this term you are prohibited to invest in such matters.

Now, let's get into the nitty gritty, starting with the Mediterranean Province of Ansgar Rasputin:

Spoiler :

Madrid

Algiers (Borders might expand next turn and give you control over several currently Southern tiles, keep that in mind when telling me which tiles to work)

Rome

Athens (contains the Heroic Epic and gives thus +100% Production when training military units)

Istanbul (contains Mt. Rushmore which lowers war weariness everywhere)

Next up, the Scandinavian Province of Adalbert Aeschelman:

Spoiler :

Paris (suffers no unhappiness thanks to the Globe Theatre and contains the Oxford University for lots of research)

Trondheim

Stockholm (contains the Red Cross which gives a free Medic promotion to every military unit it trains)

Berlin (contains West Point which gives +4 Experience points to all military units it trains as well as Wall Street for lots of gold)

St. Petersburg (contains Hermitage for lots of culture)

And last but not least, the Russian Province of Count Rudolf von Dogson:

Spoiler :

Odessa

Arkhangel'sk

Yekaterinburg (contains Ironworks for lots of production)

Novosibirsk (contains the Forbidden Palace to lower city maintenance around it)

Krasnoyarsk

Choose what tiles to employ, what to build and which specialists to hire and if you want to draft. To be on the safe side better give me a list of several things you want because I can't say for sure how long this term will be. (Keep in mind that in every city screen I selected every tile theoretically available, for tile shared between cities you need to decide which gets to work them.)

You also get to vote about what we are to research. The options are Stealth (unlocks two units), Genetics (gives health everywhere), Fiber Optics (obsoletes Kremlin and does literally nothing else, only vote for this if you want a vacation in Siberia), Aquaculture (more food for every Fishing Boats) and Hydroponics (more food for every Farm).

And finally, here are the quests for this term:

Force the market's invisible hand:
-His Excellency wants a food corporation. If one of your cities is the first in Europa to pop a Great Merchant you will be granted a generous 2.000€ instead of the regular prize. I doubt any of you will actually win this, as Moscow has the National Epic and you can bet that I will do my best to pop one there, but on the off chance that the RNG trolls me you might still want to run some Merchants here or there.

Dichter und Denker:
-There are some other corporations His Excellency wants established, and an academy in Paris would certainly be nice as well. The Province which produces the first Europan Great Artist will receive 1.500€, and the Province which produces the first or second Europan Great Scientist will also receive 1.500€.

So yeah, basically if you run Specialists this term run Merchants, Scientists or Artists if you want a chance to win any of these quests. Scientists would be the safest bet because you will gain the same reward even if you only pop the second one.

Aaaaaand that would be all for now. I'll be awaiting your decisions.

OOC: So does this still apply? Just wondering given that it's crossed out.

It does apply, I will uncross it as soon as the malware issue is fixed and I can upload my screenshots.

In order to fulfil all the little people's dreams of being scientists Ansgar Rasputin has decided to let as much of the populace as is possible without starvation become scientists in all his cities... except Algiers and Istanbul which will have their populace, except for what is required to produce a surplus of food, become artists in accordance with the dreams of all the people there.
Presumably the people of Istanbul want to keep with the grand tradition of carving random people's faces into mountains and as such shall be granted control over all the mountains in the region so that they can pursue their dreams.

My computer seems to be having an adware problem that makes it impossible to do anything on imgur because I get redirected to the website of some capitalist pigdog whenever I click on anything. I will upload screenshots once that problem has been fixed. Seriously though, whoever is responsible for this deserves to be sent to a gulag. :mad:

Spoiler :
AdBlockPlus? haven't had a virus since.

Spoiler :
AdBlockPlus? haven't had a virus since.

I have Adblock Plus, and it showed me like 500 blocked ads per tab. The redirects and popups are those few that got through.

Top Bottom