Event System 2ndrev3

i dont think we should reduce the frequency.

i definately think we should rework the religious events into an ideology format.

some of these events will have to be cut however :)

I personally think that most of the Unit promotion events should just be retooled for different units as much as is possible, the list clearly shows some like shock, cover, flanking which will need to change. I did not post the amount of active events, but some of these events are considerably more common than others. Some on these lists are not even activated in game. It would be unwise to give promotions like commando without making the event occur ad a rate less frequent proportional to it's advantage or adding another requirement, perhaps even making such a bonus, a product of a quest.

Actually I really like that last idea, a commando quest. What would be a good mission for such a quest? We could do this in addition to an event to give commando status to the units you mentioned.

Something occurred to me, we can use the events system to trigger world projects whereby, like the space ship, components need to be built in multiple locations. Just a suggestion to throw out there.

Another idea is perhaps changing the nature of obsolete promotions. I am pretty sure this is an XML thing.

I personally think that most of the Unit promotion events should just be retooled for different units as much as is possible, the list clearly shows some like shock, cover, flanking which will need to change. I did not post the amount of active events, but some of these events are considerably more common than others. Some on these lists are not even activated in game. It would be unwise to give promotions like commando without making the event occur ad a rate less frequent proportional to it's advantage or adding another requirement, perhaps even making such a bonus, a product of a quest.
i agree with you on this very much :)

Actually I really like that last idea, a commando quest. What would be a good mission for such a quest? We could do this in addition to an event to give commando status to the units you mentioned.

i like it. maybe you have to build so many of a spy building or somthing to give a unit type this ability. maybe to 2nd infantry

Something occurred to me, we can use the events system to trigger world projects whereby, like the space ship, components need to be built in multiple locations. Just a suggestion to throw out there.

Another idea is perhaps changing the nature of obsolete promotions. I am pretty sure this is an XML thing.

sounds interesting. but what kinda project would go with this mod i wonder....

yeah it is xml. but some might still be usseful the second time around if we bring back defensive bonuses to combat.

Top Bottom