Extended Europe - 22 Civs TSL

Dear denikk,

I have just figured out that problem this week.

You have to remove all starting locations and all civs and city states in the world builder.

Save the new map under a different name (random) and you can start a normal game without mods and without szenario (the checkbox wont even be there). You will keep the resource placements, but starting positions will be totally random everytime. You can even scale the amount of players and city states like in a normal game.

(PS: due to fixed resources the game will still have a number of preferred positions, but there is a couple of them and they are different.)

@Tommy Bro
The map should be in the usual folder, you just have to go through mods menu to start the game (without even necessarily activate any mod) additionally activate szenario and this way the starting positions of each civ will be fixed when you chose them. You start in the desert everytime because this is the first starting position, if the fixed starting positions do not apply (this is only possible when going through mods.

Alternatively you can make it random with random civs the way I told denikk.

Enjoy!

I am having a problem where it only loads 12 of the 22 civs. No idea what is going wrong? Any ideas?

EDIT: It appears that this map/scenario gets very unhappy if you have a fan-based civ active in the mods menu. This seems to be what caused this. Makes sense, tbh. I just disabled all mods but the ones I am actually using and this worked perfectly. So, I got it fixed.

P.S. This is an excellent map! It's probably the best complete Europe map I've seen. I'd say Dieters is a close 2nd. Resource placement seems great as well. Great job on this!

PDMX. Is this comaptible with the Vox Populi mod or any mods that add other civs,or pace mods that alter tech costs ? I get random crashed when i play as England -.- And can i play on the Europe+ Asia map civs like England or only those that you written there. The map is FANTASTIC: gREAT WORK dude. Also could you make a map that would combine Europe+Asia+half of Africa. Would be great haha :)

Last edited:
@Drakul
My answer is a little late, but I just started playing civ again after a long break.

Since this is only a map and no other modifications are made, it should run just fine. Your crashes are probably related to the other mods or your computer itself. Have you tried playing without any active mods?

Your desired map I have probably already done. Please have a look at this one:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/avalon-hills-civilization-map-project.531355/

Its even better than this, but has very poor download numbers. :undecide:
Sadly no one answered my request to rename the thread!

Top Bottom