Extended Europe - 22 Civs TSL

Once again, amazing set of maps. They are the only think I play now!!! good job PDMX

@luko18
I have read your thoughts about worthless islands and Carthages weakness... Well I think in the hands of a human player with godess of sea, Carthage is awesome most of the time. Have you played this map as Carthage yourself, or is this just the experience from the AI?

I will change the following for Carthage:

• Added 1 wheat, 1 stone and let Carthages capital start on a hill. I also moved the sheep closer to its capital

And for Sardinia and Corsica I will change the following:

• Added 6 Coal to Corsica, added 1 spice and 1 wheat each on both islands, which will give them a unique resource within its surroundings. This is now a must have settlement for Rome, since it has no own coal on its peninsula.

As of now there are no changes to the Balearic islands, since they are too small to be worth settling anyway.

I will upload it together with the Marathon version. I will also fix the atoll pearls bug for Venice.

PS: Additional civilizations can be removed in the szenario editor menu of the world builder. If they still exist, the game will place them on a random spot when it cannot find a predefined starting location.

Luxury Resources:

24x Wales

24x Perls

Who put another 23 copies of Wales onto the world map? Britain would look pretty weird with that addition... Ditto for Perl. Surely Civ uses Lua anyway?

MDMX-
thank you. But I don not remember mentioning islands. Maybe I forgot. Great change though.

Did you change it on all maps or just one of them, in which case which one?

-- What I was mentioning is addition of Germany on Mediterranean map. But honestly you are probably too buisy for that.

Who put another 23 copies of Wales onto the world map? Britain would look pretty weird with that addition... Ditto for Perl. Surely Civ uses Lua anyway?

1. Neither is this a map of Britain or a world map, nor is there any pearl or too much wales near Britain. This is a map of Europe, the middle east and northern Africa.

2. It is a fixed map with fixed resources and appropriate locations for them. Please look where the resources are before posting. All resources are distributed with the same amount, which means they exist 24 times "somewhere" on the map.

3. The amount of resources presents the amount of civilizations and city states, please consider that you have 22 Civilizations and 41 city states in the full version. Of course the regional maps have an adapted lesser amount of resources. The in-game map generator is plopping the same amount or even more resources if you generate a random map with that size, number of civilizations and city states.

I suggest you really try this out, or just ignore it, if you do not want to play it. But please don't make false assumptions.

Kind regards, PDMX

------------

@luko18
I also work on an improved world map with better resource placing, so yeah, I am busy...

Dude.. this are the best set of maps. Very detailed. No complaining here.

p.s. keep us updated on your world map.

Attached is version 9. First post will be changed if further improvements are included, because these are just minor ones. Feel free to suggest something.

Changelog:

• Fixed display bug with some atolls including the one at Venice, all atolls now only contain fish and no luxuries.
  • Improved Island fertility of Corsica, Sardinia, Sizilia and Mallorca with spices, wheat, coal (Corsica) and more hills to work.
  • Improved starting locations of Karthago, Songhai and Marocco with more hills and resources.
  • Created two Marathon versions of the full map.

Attachments

• EE v9 BNW Std.Civ5Map
    236.4 KB · Views: 403
  • EE v9 BNW Std 15Civ 32CS.Civ5Map
    227.9 KB · Views: 374
  • EE v9 BNW Epic.Civ5Map
    236.4 KB · Views: 382
  • EE v9 BNW Epic 15 Civ 32CS.Civ5Map
    227.9 KB · Views: 351
  • EE v9 BNW Mediterranean.Civ5Map
    117 KB · Views: 383
  • EE v9 BNW South East Europe.Civ5Map
    114.1 KB · Views: 381
  • EE v9 BNW Marathon.Civ5Map
    236.4 KB · Views: 362
  • EE v9 BNW Marathon 15 Civ 32CS.Civ5Map
    227.9 KB · Views: 351
Testing out new version of Medeteranian map. It does seem that Carthige is much stronger. Instead of last place, it is in second right behind me, on turn 80 or so, Dido was attacking Greece, and took one of their towns.

Great job PDMX, how is world map comming along?

@Luko18
I was working hard on the world map the whole week, its basically done.

Here is small teaser of version 10.

I hope you like it. But it still requires a lot of work.

BTW: Are there any volunteers to test the world map, btw? It looked quite balanced after a few simulated Firetuner AI matches. But I have the feeling that it may not be needed because there are so many other world maps around. Thats why I focused again on the Europe map.

Amazing!!!

This map will be great to play as Greece, to conquer the world all the way to India.

I think Sahara should be uninhabittable ( kind of like Europa Universalis)

I agree with you, even though world map would be nice, there are a lot of options out there. However this one, is unique!!!

P.S. Making a one tile connection between Red an Mediterranean sea, would make a great Suez Canal!!! Very Important strategic point!!

The 120x80 Europe + Asia map is finally done!!!

It took me weeks to complete, sorry for the long waiting peroid.

The first post has also been updated and new screenshots are available.

Additional info:

• Bosporus is now a land bridge on all maps, but Konstantinopel can be used as a passage, this improves Byzantines performance a lot.
  • Suez Canal is not possible, because the canal was build in 1869, not in ancient times. Imagine Augustus Ceasar landing on the Indian coast with a trireme. This is highly unrealistic and kills the immersion.
  • Morocco now starts on the coast. The City state of Tanger has been removed instead on all maps.
  • The 41 city state version of complete Europe is no longer supported, I agree that it was just too much
  • The G&K version is no longer supported.
  • The North Western Europe map was unaffected, but is no longer listed in the first post.
  • The map size is now listed in the map info (first post)
  • There are Epic and Marathon versions for both big main maps.

Is it possible to play this online multiplayer with TSL??

Maybe someone can make a mod out of it, I don't know. I am only good at making maps, I never did a mod. Just let me know, if you are using the map and give me credit for creating, than its fine for everyone to use it for his own purposes.

hey man the maps look great, but I don't understand how to play them

i just put the map file into my /civ5/maps file? or is there some special way to do it, because I can't find it in either the mods or scenario menus

First of all, thanks for the hard work and the great looking maps!

I have one question:

I just started a game as Rome on the full europe map. It seems to me that Russia has a very unfair advantage, they have no civs starting anywhere near them, and they have a huge amount of room and resources to grow a very large empire. Does anyone know how Russia typically will fare in late-game play? Will they have a very huge empire (should I friend them now? haha)

Maybe I am just jealous, because as Rome, it seems I have limited tiles to expand my empire, and Venice is nearly cutting off my land connection to the rest of central Europe.

hey man the maps look great, but I don't understand how to play them

i just put the map file into my /civ5/maps file? or is there some special way to do it, because I can't find it in either the mods or scenario menus

What I did was put the map file in My Documents / My Games / Civ5 / MODS

Also I put it in the maps folder to be sure.

When you start Civ5, on the main menu go to Mods, then just advance without selecting any mods (this is a little bit tricky, as I didnt see this option to advance without actually selecting any mods -> YOU WILL NOT SEE THE NEW MAP ON THIS SCREEN).

Once you click accept and advance, you will get to a screen where you can set-up a new game, or load a game (your typical single player screen).

You want to set-up a new game and select the map you just added (should be in the maps list), then MAKE SURE you check "Load scenario" right under the map option (this allows for real starting locations, as opposed to Rome starting in Central Africa).

A few pages back in this thread, there are 5 screenshots that explain how do to this. However, it is quite easy if you get through it once.

First of all, thanks for the hard work and the great looking maps!

I have one question:

I just started a game as Rome on the full europe map. It seems to me that Russia has a very unfair advantage, they have no civs starting anywhere near them, and they have a huge amount of room and resources to grow a very large empire. Does anyone know how Russia typically will fare in late-game play? Will they have a very huge empire (should I friend them now? haha)

Maybe I am just jealous, because as Rome, it seems I have limited tiles to expand my empire, and Venice is nearly cutting off my land connection to the rest of central Europe.
You should let Venice grow until it has a decent size, because its not a very good spot to settle at the beginning. But it is great, once it grabs more of the hills. You can grow 5-6 good cities in Italy and then just start conquering anything. Neaples and the southern tip, Sicily and Sardinia are all great spots. As well as Milan. I am currently playing a Marathon game as Rome and I am now controlling anything in western europe, Karthage, Morocco, Egypt, Greece and Israel my troops are standing in front of Babylon and I have just entered industriual age. Assyria and the Ottomans will soon complete the Roman Empire to its original size.

Russia is always Expanding like mad, it does it on custom maps as well as in this scenario map. Its the preferred AI playstyle for Russia, it will always be a tough competitor, if it is in the game. If you fear Russia, then try the Europe+Asia map, its even better, because it gives Russia far lesser room and also does not include Venice. I personally prefer the Europe+Asia map over the Complete Europe map.

Top Bottom