External Consulate - Capture the Pyramids?

Should we capture the Pyramids?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bertie

Prince
The Portuguese have only 3 cities, but also have two great wonders: The Pyramids and the Statue of Zeus. The Pyramids puts a granary in every city, helping to fuel explosive growth. This is a highly desirable wonder to obtain. We are currently fighting the Indians and (most likely) about to fight the Dutch; but we’ll be finished with both wars soon. Should we think about preparing a quick war in order to capture the Pyramids? This won't happen immediately, but in the not-so-distant-future.

The purpose of this poll is to ask: Should our strategy be to capture the city containing the Pyramids?

Discussion of this topic can be found HERE .

The poll will close three days after the poll was opened.
The poll is public and other users can see how you voted.
Select one option only.

DaveShack said:
This is a bit far off in the future . . .

Agree this is long-term strategic thinking. Just trying to plan ahead rather than two hours before the next turnchat . . . :p

Yes, but that is to far into the future ;).

If I were playing solo, Bentley and Delhi would already be guilding galleys. I would fight the Dutch war such that the troops finished up in the North or Northeast and the boats would take them to Portugal. No rest for the wicked.

An operation like this takes 10 turns to execute, 25 turns to prepare for (units, harbors, defence of outlying cities etc) and in the demogame maybe 10 turns to plan.

So, yes... it is a "long term" plan. And in the light of what has happened today it strikes me as really funny that consular officials having the foresight to plan for the "long term" is being criticised. Got to be worth a :rotfl: smiley at the very least.

It'll take 50 turns to do, which is why Bertie is asking everyone to consider it now. Being able to think only 5 or 10 turns into the future in civ is like thinking 1 turn ahead in chess, it's just not good enough (IMVHO).

Mad-Bax

I agree 100 %. Now you realize the cold sweaty hand the Embryons have in this world, and there is absolutely nothing oyu can do about it.

Top Bottom