• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Extract GR2 to Blender with mesh AND skeleton and re-export to GR2

Have you checked civ5artdefines_wonders.xml?

oh yes man thanks.

and i used danrell's prepared template with the Temple of Heaven as......a template.
but when i replace his gr2 file with my Itsukushima Shrine-Model,then the game crashes whenever i load an campaign........:sad:

EDIT : i got it !!! the Itsukushima Shrine now appears on the map ! its too bad that for some reason i cannot do screenshots in my windows......no idea why,but the Shrine is there !!! Yeah !!!

oh yes man thanks.

and i used danrell's prepared template with the Temple of Heaven as......a template.
but when i replace his gr2 file with my Itsukushima Shrine-Model,then the game crashes whenever i load an campaign........:sad:

EDIT : i got it !!! the Itsukushima Shrine now appears on the map ! its too bad that for some reason i cannot do screenshots in my windows......no idea why,but the Shrine is there !!! Yeah !!!

Well done in getting this working! You should upload your mod so that other people can see how you did it.

does it show up by mod or by the method danrell posted?

I never got the mod way t o work 9yet) but I think it has to do with xml handling.

i have put danrell's folder into Assets/DLC/Expansion/DLC/ into here i have put Danrell's " Expansion " folder , then i only replaced his " Temple of Heaven.gr2 " , i meant its overwritten by my new gr2 file,so it have still the " Temple of Heaven " name.:)

doing by this way you dont need to edit his xml files.

@Deliverator

here are the files.

for everyone who want to try it,dont forget that the positioning of the Shrine is not perfect,i have to improve it,but it appears on the map.put the Expansion folder into the folder you see above.

Attachments

• Itsukushima Shrine.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
im not able to get cavalry to work....i tried to use the same method that works for infantry and workers,but the cavalry units doesnt work.a whole day of try and error.

i tried to use Danrell's cavalry units as a template,i tried to create my own template loading the Knight.gr2 , and after that the horseman.gr2,but no success.

then i found Deliverator's template of the hun horse archer,but even this blend-template doesnt work for me......thats frustrating.

is something really different for cavalry models ?

So is the unit modding process still super complex and requires old hard to find versions of software?
no, it takes a little practice at first but with blender 2.49 (we have a link out there in utilities) its easy to use IMO

If you have 3dsmax and preffer using it's completely doable too. But you still need blender for importing/exporting.

im not able to get cavalry to work....i tried to use the same method that works for infantry and workers,but the cavalry units doesnt work.a whole day of try and error.

is something really different for cavalry models ?

Nothing is really different other than the added complexity involved in rigging both the horse and rider meshes to the skeleton. I did this for example with the Wolf Rider unit. When you say it doesn't work, what do you mean exactly? It always helps if you upload your .blend file so that people can take a look and give more specific help.

EDIT : now i have these screenshots working : ( and attached is the blend file )

thats how it looks now ingame :

the unit should be in the yellow circle,but the unit is not.

i tried several things today,no success,BUT : i found a difference between a working version and my version :

MYVERSION :

WORKINGVERSION :

my version is black but the working version is silver.could this be the reason ?

Attachments

• Horse UnitNew as now.zip
    149.6 KB · Views: 56
yeah of course,here is the gr2,thanks for the willing to help.:)

Attachments

• gr2 file.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 52
but actually in blender there are materials for them,but i will try to assign all vertices to
the materials. thanks !

there is again a another unit that doesnt work,i tried to replace the worker with more asian looking workers.....i doesnt work , ingame it looks really bad,could you take a look
over this blend and gr2 file too ?

Attachments

• Worker.zip
    172.2 KB · Views: 63
You need to create the textures in nexus buddy, in the part it says materials click add, then edit the part that appears on the right to the texture(s) you created, the basic one and most important one being the DIFF.

Then on the meshes part you assign each mesh to the texture you created. Then save the file.

i know this.but i forgot to follow these steps in this gr2.sorry for the confusion.:blush:

here is the gr2 file WITH materials,and it still doesnt work,still doesnt appear.:(

Attachments

• Horseman.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 55
and for the worker unit....i cannot understand how a model that looks in Granny Viewer
like this :

looks ingame like this :

i always had problems to solve when i tried to get models into a game,but this here is really strange.:rolleyes:

About the horseman, check if the textures are set to VFS=true in the mod, and if they're refered correctly in the xml, otherwise I have no idea.

Also no idea about the worker.

Top Bottom