Extreme delay in implementing commands.

gharris545

Chieftain
I have been playing BNW since shortly after its arrival, but a dramatic new problem has developed in the past week, possibly as a result of a Steam update. After I move a unit, the AI refuses to move on. It keeps resting on that unit, even though it is showing all movement expended. If I click on another unit, the AI ignores me. After a very long time (measured in minutes), the AI moves on to ITS choice of the next unit. When I order a new construction in a city, the AI keeps demanding that I do so. Curiously, I can hasten the AI along by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del followed by Cancel, or by saving the game (!?). But with many units and cities, I can't keep doing that after every move.
My machine, an HP Model 6803w, uses Windows 7 64-bit. My processor is AMD Athlon IIx2. I can play on either Direct9 or 10/11, but with the same result. If you are kind enough to help me, bear in mind that I am 68 years old with a very rudimentary knowledge of computers, so write as if you are addressing a moron. Thanks.

I suggest that you verify your game cache. To do so, start Steam and go Library --> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization 5 --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache. This process will take several minutes. If any files are downloaded as a result of this verification, repeat the procedure until no new files are downloaded. (If any files are downloaded, you will see a message to that effect.)

Good luck and please post again if this suggestion doesn't help.

I followed your promising suggestion exactly, but that didn't identify the problem. Integrity verification revealed no problems and generated no downloads. The performance problem remains as before.

What happens when you disable BNW, and play vanilla or G&K? If things go back to normal, you could try deleting BNW and try re-downloading it. If nothing changes, then try playing in offline mode.

Top Bottom