1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Extreme2

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by tchristensen, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Edward The Big

Edward The Big Bob Crane's Tripod

I think Thomas War is one of the great mods for Civ IV, so I should check this out...

What wonders did you add for this?

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Hey tc whats up?

Is there gonna be a patch? Has RL intruded? Too busy to reply?

Hello?

JosEPh

3. stroppya

stroppya Chieftain

A huge earth map would be great with preset civ locations ....... Any one no of one for this mod
    thanks in advance

4. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

Sorry, I have been so busy with work and going back to school (this old man is getting his ass kicked).

Anyway, I hope to get into the modding as soon as I get through my finals at the end of April.

I hope to release something in the first week of May.

Thanks for playing the mod.

Troy

5. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

I will need to create one.

Anyone have a preference?

A huge earth map with properly placed cultures and accurate resources (buffallo in the mid-west, oil in the middle east, that sort of thing)?

Or just some big maps?

6. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

I have not added any wonders.

My addition to the greatest Mod of all time, was in Unique Units. Each culture should have at least 2 UUs. I also added Unique Buildings to many, but not all.

My next update will provide a 3rd UU to all cultures and some refinements to the rules -- like making sure the railroads give you a better bonus to all plots.

Still testing so stick around.

Thanks!

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Looking forward to it then. :cool:

JosEPh:)

8. stroppya

stroppya Chieftain

Something like this which they are planning to do for the Rise of mankind mode its called bedass and looks promising the only problem is that it will replace speed for quantity if you get my drift anyway take a look..
    http://http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=380586

9. stroppya

stroppya Chieftain

10. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

11. stroppya

stroppya Chieftain

Top man
    Also on a note there seems to be a crash on the auto save around 840bc with this mod its happened 3 times now not sure if its my PC or an error but worth a look tho ..... ill keep you posted on more
    Thanks in advance:)

12. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

Thanks. If you can figure out what is causing that, let me know. I have not heard of any specific bug but it with so many possible art combinations, it is very possible I have not stumbled upon it.

13. dataskywalker

dataskywalker Warlord

I haven't followed your mods for long, so I'd like to know: Is the current version of ExtremeMod ever going to pass the beta stage, or is that mod redundant, outdone to Extreme2?

14. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

Each of the Mods really stand on their own merit. ExtremeMod is such a cool mod with all of its magic, steampunk, and imaginative units that I could never simply say that it is done.

The real problem with the two Extreme versions is that they are both so huge, in sheer megabyte size but also in the units, techs, cultures, and map styles that it is so hard to release an update -- You know, its like I add to ExtremeMod but they are small tweaks not worthy of a re-release. To actually set a release date for it, I would need to concentrate on that mod and nothing else for a month or so.

With that being said though, I do plan on revisting ExtremeMod, Extreme II, and Ages of Discovery here in the next few months.

I am crossing my fingers that each of these mods will get an update (with ExtremeMod finally moving out of the beta version into a full version).

I want to thank you for following ExtremeMod. It is always great to hear someone still plays the mod with the Civ 5 out and all.

Troy

15. dataskywalker

dataskywalker Warlord

You're welcome, I'll have to check out Age of Discovery now. I only download full versions of mods. And I still don't own Civ V anyway. From the reviews I've read/watched and posts from other users, Civ 4 seems to be superior in everything except graphics, but that's to be expected these days.

16. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

In all truths, ExtremeMod 3 Beta, is really a full release version of the mod and plays as stable as anything else found on this site.

I only labelled that at the time because a few friends wanted to do some further balancing of units, which they never really got around to. So, please feel free to download the Beta version as it is truly a complete mod.

Thanks!

17. dataskywalker

dataskywalker Warlord

Will do, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for any further updates! :goodjob:

18. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

Started working on the mod tonight (04-21-11) and made the following changes:

Added Railroad bonus so that squares with railroads get a +1/+1/+1 bonus

Added the capability of building an Igloo to all workers (an oversight from first version)

Modified the rate at which barbarians come out -- trying to find a balance which allows Raging without making the game unplayable.

Changed Slavery Civic so that it is more useful -- This should be a huge civic!!

Changed Caste Civic so that is has more purpose.

Changed the Organized Religion to better represent its historical significance.

Added Desert Camps (a bonus to desert squares)

Started making notes on the new UUs and UBs for cultures.

Added the UU of Americans with a Pioneer. A settler with a combat score of 2; a bit more costly, but well worth the ability to explore and conquer lands.

Changed all Wonders now to require at least 1, if not 2 or more, bonuses (i.e. marble) to be constructed.

If you wish to follow me on Twitter, my name is: ShalimarTroy

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Sounds good.

Did you check out Vincentz Jungle Camp?

JosEPh :)

20. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

I have not, but would very much like to do so. What do you think it could be used for? Sorry, if you suggested it before but I do not remember the conversation.